A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bound to be, just going off their Seafire range. Basically shared moulds for major components, so let's hope that the MkXIV, at least, is not long in coming.

A mate sent me this shot of the forthcoming 1/48th scale Airfix Spit PR19, taken at Telford. Looks the right shape to me, so one will be added to the stash when it's released, to make into a MkXIV - could be a while before that will, presumably, be released.

Attachments

• Airix Spit XIX.jpg
    Airix Spit XIX.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 83
A mate sent me this shot of the forthcoming 1/48th scale Airfix Spit PR19, taken at Telford. Looks the right shape to me, so one will be added to the stash when it's released, to make into a MkXIV - could be a while before that will, presumably, be released.

so what needs doing to convert it to a MkXIV Dogsbody ?

apart from deleting camera windows and adding canons and machine guns

Yep. Windscreen, engrave or cut open an entry hatch, remove externall canopy runners and engrave new ones, remove the aft cockpit sealing bulkhead, remove or delete parts for the pressurisation intake(s), remove/delete fuel pump bulges beneath wings and on gear door edges. Leave out camera control box and add gun sight, and a couple of minor things. All the reverse of what I had to do to convert a Hobbycraft MkXIV into a PR19 !!

All the above are fairly simple Karl. The hard part, even with aftermarket or parts from the 'spares box', are the cannon bulges and cannon barrel sleeves. Not that difficult, but involves cutting the upper wing, and blending-in the parts.

New tool Me 410!

MENG-MODEL

That one caught me a little off guard I must say. Never heard about it...until it was out there. Be interested to see how this one looks and how it compares to the older Revellogram offering (which isn't too bad either let alone a few minor accuracy issues)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back