A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2014 Airfix catalogue online today, new tools include 1.72 scale Coastal Command Lancaster, Blenheim Mk1 and 4, Dornier 17z, Hurricane Mk1 and re-releases of some other old favourites including the Halifax.
I am just a little disappointed as I was hoping for a new tool Beaufighter and especially a Whitley, it really is time for a quality Whitley kit to be released. Great to see the new tool Blenheims though.

In 48 they have a new tool Spitfire Vb and Folland Gnat. I hope they have a Vc on the way, there's already a couple of good Vb to choose from.....

They've got a 1/48th scaleGnat? !!!
YIPPEE !!!!!
Saves me looking everyday on that auction site, for over-priced Aeroclub kits that end up going for an average of £70 !.
That's made my day!
Now, Airfix, please release some other 1/48th scale kits previously done in your 1/72nd scale range ....

Aaah, you mean a 1/48 Halifax, Hampden, Lancaster, Stirling old boy?

I see that they're re-popping their 1/48 Mk. XVI Mosquito as well....
Plus, please, please, make that 1/24 Hawker Typhoon far too expensive for my liking, that way, I'll have an excuse not to buy it! :lol:

They've got a 1/48th scaleGnat? !!!
YIPPEE !!!!!
Saves me looking everyday on that auction site, for over-priced Aeroclub kits that end up going for an average of £70 !.
That's made my day!
Now, Airfix, please release some other 1/48th scale kits previously done in your 1/72nd scale range ....

I reckon there is a good chance of that happening, but sales will dictate. Airfix seem to be making one new kit and then putting it out in different versions these days, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a large scale Lancaster out in the future as they have already produced their new Lanc in a number of versions.

Got a message from Karl today, telling me Revell will be releasing the Ventura MkII (the RAF version) in 1/48th scale in April - brilliant! A Gnat and a Ventura, two I've been hoping for!
The Airfix Gnat won't be released until October (but I can wait!), and will be in two versions - Red Arrows, and the other I presume a CFS or FTS machine, and is shown as priced at £16.99. That'll stuff the 'auctions' for the Aeroclub kit, at silly prices!
The Airfix 1/24th scale Typhoon is shown at £99.99 - at the moment!
OK, it looks like a lot of kit, and a very nice kit at that, but would I pay that much? Very probably not. Maybe £60, at a huge push.
It'll be sure to sell well though, and for those who want just one, superb display model, or only have a few models, it's something well worth having.
But it once again brings us back to the pricing thing, and what price this kit would be if Revell produced it ?

Just noticed that the new Airfix Lancaster is not an MR but an FE, what a shame I saw the white paint on it and assumed Maritime now I find out it is Far East booooo!

Tiger Moth on its way from Special Hobby Andy, and I'm sure Airfix will release a MkXIV Spit, to capitalise on their PR19 mould. There's also a Beaufort in 1/48th scale coming from Special Hobby.
As for a Coastal Lanc, it can be done from the existing new MkI/III kit, and from the forthcoming FE kit, the visible external differences in the latter being the air con intake on the fuselage side, props, a couple of antenna, rear turret and markings. The BBMF Lanc, PA474, started life as a FE mod aircraft.

Definitely tempted to a Russian 'Avenger'! 8)

VNz30qJTv4A_zpspb3oyid6.jpg

I think they'll be re-releases of their original kits old boy. They've also re-released the various versions of the Cessna 150/152 and the Cessna 172, including a USAF version of the latter. Quite nice little kits - I built some for members of the Aero Club about thirty years ago - heck, time flies! (pun not intended!).

I wouldn't know old boy.. Did they come with removable engine cowlings, to display their 4 and 6 cylinder engines, detailed cabins...as it says in the wee ad....

Revell has a newly tooled 1/48 Tornado in the making as well....

Yep, they had fairly basic engine blocks, and removable top cowlings. Interiors were quite good, but nothing special.
Typical isn't it? As soon get a Tornado finished, Italeri re-released their F3, then Hobby Boss released one, and now Revell!
Was the same with the Wessex - two or three weeks into converting the Revell HAS 3 into a SAR bird, Italeri released the right version! Must get around to completing that too - got the balsa to make the mould for the nose ages ago!

If it's a GR version, I might add one to the shelves, just to keep things right! After the epic battle with the Airfix F3, I don't really need another F3 version, but a 'bomber' would be good, particularly if it's up to their usual high standard and relatively low price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back