A few more future releases. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decals.

Lots of new decal sheets have been released by Print Scale, from 1/144th to 1/48th scale, covering aircraft markings such as B-17 and B-26, Gladiator, MiG 17 etc etc, and also lots of Jagd Geschwader badges with kill markings, various code letters, bomb stencils and coloured bands.
A very large selection of interesting, and sometimes unusual, markings and colour schemes.
These can be seen at Model Hobbies (UK on-line outlet), currently ( 5th May 2016) on the 'Home' page as 'New Releases', and in their decals section.
Worth a look.

Another kit from ICM due out soon - 1/48th scale Ju88A-4, retailing at around £26 in the UK. Good news for those wanting a A-4, as the Revell/Dragon kit, when it can be found, can go for silly money - I was surprised and very pleased to pick up one for under £20, as the average is around £30 upwards.
I'm wondering if ICM will release other versions of the '88 using the basic moulds.

Their Ju88A-5 kit is made in such a way that it looks like other versions will come along, and I'm guessing that at least one night fighter will appear at some time.

Been emailing back and forth with Claes Wahlund at Pilot-Replicas, top dude!
At the moment they're working hard on the 1/48 SAAB SK6O/105C and the Venom/Sea Venom....
I'm guessing that the Venom should be somewhat popular as well as their Vampire in the same scale....

Hannant's web-site is showing the Special Hobby 1/32nd scale Hawker Tempest MkV as due soon.
Looks like a very nice kit, with a lot of decal options, although the price may be seen to be a tad high, at £68.60 retail in the UK.

Yep - pricing is a bit steep, especially when one consider what the price would be if Revell had produced it - probably around the £30 mark.

I have to admit, I'm tempted too !
The Hannant's web-site shows two kits, but only has details of one of them - don't know what the differences are !

Just discovered from Hannant's web site, that the price of the Tempest kit is for the 'High Tech' version, which includes resin, pe and fabric parts.
Presumably, the other kit will be a 'standard' plastic offering, price as yet TBA.

Good stuff Cory - that's the 'standard', plastic kit. Hannant's web site has some pics of the different box art for the 'High Tech' version, with five decal options, and some CGI of the cockpit and gun sight parts etc etc.

'High Tech' has resin seat and other cockpit parts, resin wheels, pe cockpit and harness parts, and fabric seat belts, plus those decal options.
If the 'normal' kit is substantially cheaper, I think that' the one I'd go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back