A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SAAB J35D Draken....

IMG_20160404_122809.jpg

Now, what's wrong with this pic?

IMG_20160404_122855.jpg

Was thinking about ICM's 1/48 Dornier Do 215B-5, which costs £24.99 and the future Hasegawa 1/48 Dornier Do 215B-5 the price is £69.99!!?
What have they done, to make their kit, cost almost three times more??

Maybe it's the cost of re-packing the ICM kit in a Hasegawa box ................... or just plain robbery !

I don't know if it is or not - I was just being cheeky !
But it wouldn't surprise me at all. How Hasegawa can charge their prices is beyond me, when nowadays their kits are rarely better than equivalents from other companies, and especially when they re-release a 40 or 50 year old kit, in new packaging, at a high price.
Their 1/32nd scale Bf109E comes to mind as an example - originally from a 'Frog' moulding from the late 1960s, it was more than acceptable back then, at a realistic price. But by today's standards, it's not only inaccurate, but fairly basic, certainly not competing in quality and accuracy against, say, the Eduard equivalent, but retails in the same price band !

Hasegawa has always been Uber expensive here, and when they were the most accurate by far that was an acceptable expense. Now I don't believe they can justify it. Wasn't there a couple of accuracy issues with their 1/72 scale Lancaster? Italeri is making better and better kits and even the eastern European manufacturers are catching up. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Nowadays it's more to the name than anything else, as their allround quality, isn't that much better than many of the new and older companies....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back