A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1499004265730.jpg

Brilliant !!!
I've been 'watching' the Revell release (ex ESCI / Italeri) on the bay for ages, and they go for really silly money, so glad Italeri have released it at last.

Yep. Just checked the UK retail price, and it'll be around £25. The same kit by Revell (originally released in the late 1970's by ESCI, and then again in the late 1980's and 90's by Italeri) goes for anywhere between £50 and £60+ !!!

Yep, and not a particularly good, or accurate, rendition.
The original designer was a member here a few years back, and had priced the kits (Mossie, B-17, B-25, Lancaster etc) at a reasonable level, only to be, for want of a better term, ripped off by his so-called backers.

As far as I know, the original designs were all his, but, from memory, with more detail on the internal parts. For example, the B-17 had separate doors for the radio compartment etc.

Thanks for the info! It is kind of neat that at least one designer was also a presence here. I have always heard varying opinions over kit accuracy from just about every kit manufacturer out there. HK and Tamiya are probably the two that get the most positive overall reviews in terms of accuracy at least in the last few years. Kitty Hawk seems to be at the current bottom of the pile in terms of accuracy and kit fit and finish.

Don't get me wrong, overall, the HK kits are quite good. However, as an example, the Mosquito kits appear to have square-section internal canopy frames, which look to be slightly 'heavy', where they should be tubular, something I feel could have been achieved without much fuss. The cockpit and radio fit is also rather basic for a kit of this price, and questionable as to type for the Marks represented.
That said, the B-25 and B-17 in particular (and the Lancaster, when it eventually arrives) are very welcome additions to the 1/32nd scale modeller and, had it not been for the cost, i could be tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back