A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just released from Revell is their Spitfire Mk.IXc in 1/32nd scale.
Detailed cockpit, wing guns, radiators and bomb load, decals for 416 (RCAF) Sqn, Tangmere, 1944, and 601 Sqn, Italy, 1944, retail price around £27 in the UK, and now at Model Hobbies.
Looks like I'll be breaking my 'No more kits' rule !!

RVL03927.jpg

Just released from Revell is their Spitfire Mk.IXc in 1/32nd scale.
Detailed cockpit, wing guns, radiators and bomb load, decals for 416 (RCAF) Sqn, Tangmere, 1944, and 601 Sqn, Italy, 1944, retail price around £27 in the UK, and now at Model Hobbies.
Looks like I'll be breaking my 'No more kits' rule !!

View attachment 370125
Meanwhile Hasegawa release the same subject in 1\144 scale costing £99, your firstborn child, your left nut and right arm !

Yep, an another £10 for shipping I bet !

Er .... ahem .... just ordered it. I'll do a review when it arrives, probably towards the end of next week.

Because Hasegawa's motto is "screw unto others....."

Kudos to Revell for keeping things reasonable. Looking forward to seeing how this one holds up against its Tamiya brother which costs 4 times as much.

I would guess that the new Revell kit is nowhere near as detailed as the Tamiya kit, and will not have the engine, removable cowlings, and lots of other detail which won't be seen, which suits me.
I had considered getting the Tamiya kit, but at an average price of around £80 in the UK, for a kit where most of the parts (i.e. engine etc) would not feature in my model, it was a 'No Go'.
The Revell kit, given that it is as good as others in their recent 1/32nd scale releases, at approximately 1/3 rd of the price, will suit me admirably, and it will be interesting, for me, at least, to compare it against my effort in converting the old Hasegawa Mk.V kit, 30 years ago, into a Mk.IX, and I'm sure it will be a lot more accurate !
Hasegawa conversion shown below.

Gallery models 002.jpg

Review posted - it's the Revell Germany release, which I think is due for 'the rest of the World' very soon.
It appeared in the 'Future Releases' page of Hannant's some time ago, but they haven't listed it yet.
Model Hobbies (UK) listed it on Friday, and I ordered it and received the kit today.

Following on from their recently released, new-tool 1/72nd scale B-17G, Airfix are set to release another version, this being the RAF Fortress III, the version of the B-17G used by the RAF's 100 Group, in the ECM role.
Although not 'my' scale, it looks to be a nice kit, and further details, along with colour scheme options and the box art, can be found on the Airfix 'Workshop' web-site.
Images below from the above-mentioned web-site newsletter.
An interesting choice by Airfix, and a subject I started to model around 35 years ago, intending to use the then new Matchbox kit - which I've since given to Evan - based on the excellent reference info in 'The Aircraft of 100 Group', by Martin Streetly.

Airfix_RAF_Fortress_Mk_III_100_Group.jpg

From what I have read, the only negative on the new tool B-17's from Airfix is an almost complete lack of rivet detail. But that is relatively easy to provide either through decals or re-riveting so I don't see it as a true negative. From the other reviews I have seen the fit is excellent and the interior and remaining exterior detail are very good. Would love it if they would do a 1:48 kit for the F or G or both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back