A Lancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

only 617 Sqn used the B.I Special operationally during the war, and the aircraft cleared for "large Bomb" operations (only the grandslam falls into this catagory, not even the tallboy was considdered a "large bomb") carried the code letters YZ (617Sqn's standard bombers at this time carried the code KC) so if you want to make yours a wartime "slammer" you need the YZ code, but as a note the lettering was thicker and not as wide as the markings on the last one you put up, finally the greener parts on your last one should be more brown/yellow..........

may i also suggest you put the strop on the bomb to hold it in place :lol:

finally (second time i've said that :lol:) below i've posted a version of your last one, look on the outboard engine, you should see a small black line i've drawn, that's where the cammo from the top should spill over onto, shouldn't go so far back as you've got it now............

thought i should post a couple more pictures

Attachments

• grand_slam_lanc_322.jpg
    grand_slam_lanc_322.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 272
  • mki_special_yz_j_pd119_clapper_kite_of_no617_sqn_977.jpg
    mki_special_yz_j_pd119_clapper_kite_of_no617_sqn_977.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 275
  • mki_special_yz_p_pd133_617_sqn_at_woodhall_spa_spring_194_203.jpg
    mki_special_yz_p_pd133_617_sqn_at_woodhall_spa_spring_194_203.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 277
  • mki_specails_yz_o_pd129_and_yz_m_pd118_with_mki_kc_m_all_of_617_sqn_flying_over_lincoln_on_ve_day_98
    mki_specails_yz_o_pd129_and_yz_m_pd118_with_mki_kc_m_all_of_617_sqn_flying_over_lincoln_on_ve_day_98
    38.2 KB · Views: 204
OK, I understand most of that now thanks. Going to use 'YZM'

Back later with an update - I've decided to to ALL the shading and stuff in Illustrator now...

the 617 Sqn slammers didn't carry the badge on the nose, and you gotta change the green bits to a brown/yellow, and change the paint on the engines like i showed you on the other one........

yes that's much better clave, not perfect by a long way but i wouldn't even be able to draw anything like that out :lol: well done, and i think plan d should be able to help you with the lightening the same way i did..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back