A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, one a higher note, I got the replacement for the damaged Battle Colors Vol. II.
Vol. II came from Lindsey Family Books in North Carolina and Vol. I came from Oblivion books in Washington state. Both got here on the same day but one was damaged. All is sorted now, and I owe both book stores a top rating. Fed Ex on the other hand. Anyway, both are excellent and now I just need III and IV.

Attachments

• 51GVzThxqTL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51GVzThxqTL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 51HrLEylseL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51HrLEylseL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 56
Love Ambrose's other stuff, but this one is a cure for insomnia. Tedious unless you are a George McGovern fanatic, then it's just boring.

By the way, I have recently become fascinated with that ugly beast that is the B-24 and it is with that in mind that I ask if anyone knows or has the B-24 owners manual by that British car repair manual company. Is it any good?

Yes Jim, I bought the 'Haynes Workshop Manual' recently, and it's worth having. The author is, or was, RAFM, and the content is excellent. Lots of 'factory' drawings, diagrams etc, and a 'walk around', in colour, of every section of 'Witchcraft'. Add this to Gary (Geedee) and Glenn's videos and pics, and you could find your way around a B-24 no problem!
If you'd like to see some sample pages, remind me, via PM, of your e-mail address, and I'll sort it.

Well, one a higher note, I got the replacement for the damaged Battle Colors Vol. II.
Vol. II came from Lindsey Family Books in North Carolina and Vol. I came from Oblivion books in Washington state. Both got here on the same day but one was damaged. All is sorted now, and I owe both book stores a top rating. Fed Ex on the other hand. Anyway, both are excellent and now I just need III and IV.

Isn't it 8 books or something, in that series?

Another B-24 book for a.....delightful price, all 560 pages of it!

71wcgFs644L._SY600__zpsblbm8bhh.jpg

What I found, so far:

An unabridged summary of the Consolidated LB-30, B-24, C-87, C-109, F-7, AT-22 and PB4Y1/-2." From Amazon reviewer W. G. Todd: "This is the only book on this great airplane to really show the incredible contribution that it made in World War II. Production is covered first. Every version of this plane is covered, including navy patrol bombers, reconnaissance, cargo, tanker, and postwar use as executive transports and borate bombers. More than that, every theatre it participated in is described, which is pretty much every theatre in the war. Every unit that used the Liberator in combat is covered with photographs and a brief operational history. It does not stop with its use in the Pacific and the European theaters, it also covers more obscure use such as the Caribbean, Alaskan, antisubmarine use world wide as well as foreign use. Where else will you find use of the B-24 and its derivatives in India, China, South Africa, and by the French? Also covered are the serial numbers for each version, which is helpful when determining the version you have in that old snapshot. This book is packed to the gills with information and photographs, including a fine color section. Whenever I want to know something about this airplane, this is the first book I reach for. I cannot give it enough praise. The title says it all. This truly was America's global bomber. If you like Liberators, this book is for you."

Hope so old chap, it's a gud yin....
Got an email from those that I bought my P-38 from, it has been 'returned to us by the postal system, due to being damaged in transit.'

.....and..

This damage has resulted in the condition of your title being unacceptable to re-send.'

Thanks a lot 'postal system'! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back