A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More info on the XP-55 than in Balzer's book on the pusher fighter competition, especially the testbed CW. Also includes a little information on the Asaldo(?) Pre - war pusher and kyushu shiden. I am very happy with it.

Went by the bookstore over the weekend looking for a certain book (which they didn't have) and spotted this on the clearance shelf on my way out. Haven't seen this particular edition before, so it was a "must have" for the collection.

Has some great coverage of Germany's many weapon programs like Tanks, Submarines, Rockets, Jets, Missiles and even touches on the Nuclear Biological programs. Lots of photos and good examination of each of the weapons under development. Even includes a few of the linear Japanese weapons that were related to the German's projects.

Hardcover with 224 pages, over 80 photos plus 100 illustrations and charts. Roger Ford, Author [ISBN 978-0-7858-3007-8]

New books

Bought these about 8 months to a year ago from Air Britain, and via Abe Books from an American bookstore respectively; The Typhoon Tempest Story is as new:

Genda's Blade on 343 Kokutai flying the N1K2-J "George"; Nest of Eagles, detailing Messerschmitt's Regensburg and associated factories 1936-1945:

Spitfires:

More Spitfires:

and one the Mosquito XVIII 'Tsetse' and an old but still good book on the Seafire:

I agree - excellent! And please kind sir, do tell me what the photographic content of that Regensburg book is like!

The book on Regensburg covers a wide range of subjects, so it's a little hard to be general; for example production of the Me 231 232 "Gigant" is covered, including photos of them on the production line, showing major components, plus photos of complete ones being tested and on the frontlines...109s are covered in detail:

Agree, but for the Malta Spitfire and Seafire books, what are they like?

The Malta Spitfire Vs is really interesting because the author has raised all sorts of possibilities regarding the colours and markings used on Malta

MMP Books

MMP Books White Series 9118 Malta Spitfire Vs - 1942

David Brown's book on the Seafire is older and smaller, but still comprehensive and worth having; there seem to be a few available through the likes of Abe books etc:

The Putnam Aeronautical Review - Google Books

Users who are viewing this thread