A new book in my library. (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great scores there guys, just ordered this one :)

1.jpg

Looks like a good one Jan.
I used to have 'The Murder of the TSR2', but loaned it to a friend many years ago, and never got it back, as we both moved house and lost contact.
It was, for the time, the book on the TSR2, covering the whole story, including the political shenanigans and, as the title so aptly puts it, the final 'murder' of the entire project. I tried to find a replacement copy a year or two back, and the cheapest one I saw was over £160 !!!
Oh, and by the way, the next 'Open Cockpits Night' at the RAF Museum, Cosford, in May, includes the TSR2 among those open for inspection. I'm not sure if I can get there, or even get a ticket in time (limited to 300 visitors, at £12 per ticket - might be wrong on the price, would have to check), but I'll try.

Looks like a good one Jan.
I used to have 'The Murder of the TSR2', but loaned it to a friend many years ago, and never got it back, as we both moved house and lost contact.
It was, for the time, the book on the TSR2, covering the whole story, including the political shenanigans and, as the title so aptly puts it, the final 'murder' of the entire project. I tried to find a replacement copy a year or two back, and the cheapest one I saw was over £160 !!!

It sure is old chap....love it!

I've seen those as well....:lol:

Nice one Wayne. Let me know what it's like when you get a chance. Apart from an old magazine article, with scale drawings, I don't have much on the Defiant, so might be worth getting.

Nice one Wayne. Let me know what it's like when you get a chance. Apart from an old magazine article, with scale drawings, I don't have much on the Defiant, so might be worth getting.

Tony,

I have this one and can confirm it's an excellent reference on the Defiant. IMHO probably the best there is for a modeller. If you have this and the Air Britain book (which has all the historical details and serial numbers), you pretty much have all you need for the Daffy. The only other exception might be Hugh Harkins' "Defiant MkI Combat Log" which covers the type's usage as a day fighter, mostly copies of F540 entries and combat reports...but interesting if, like me, you're particularly interested in 264 Sqn's operations.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks for the info Mark.
Since posting my reply to Wayne, Geo has very kindly e-mailed PDF copies of both the Mushroom and the Warpaint books - marvelous !
I agree, the Mushroom book looks to be very good indeed, from the brief look I've had so far, and it'll certainly be useful when i get around to building the new Airfix Defiant to add to my 'BoB - Hardest Days' collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back