A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20160914_173146.jpg

My wife bought this for me for my birthday, and though I am only a few pages in I can already share with you this amazing gem: Did you know the He 219 at the Hazy-Udvar is a 3 seater? Me neither. There is actually a crude jump seat in the rear fuselage accessible from a hatch on the bottom of the aircraft. There is even a plexiglass window above it, cut through the top of the fuselage! Who knew?

Ya got your Hurricane, your Spitfire, your A-20 Havoc, your B-24, -17, -25, -26, -29, your Beaufighter, your Blenheim, your Defiant, your Meteor and your Tornado/Typhoon/Tempest. I may be missing a few, I'll get back to you

Last edited:
Are those the aireview books?

Correct Jim, I found this set supposedly in very good condition for actually 18 bucks now that I look at it including shipping and handling. Just got confirmation email saying they just shipped. Just not sure what to expect other than one book in Japanese and the other is suppose to be the translated version.

Last edited:
I purchase that set myself after seeing it in my college library. Mine came in a box sleeve and though I have not looked at it for a while I remember being happy with it at the time. Now it is a bit dated. One thing I remember about the purchase was the fact that the package was not waterproof and it was left out on my porch in the rain. Was not happy. Now insist all purchases come "wrapped in plastic as the postman often leaves packages out in the rain". Hope you enjoy it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back