A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just won on E-Bay:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqVHJ!0E63RuCk3FBO5grmEo7Q~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJ!0E63RuCk3FBO5grmEo7Q~~60_12.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 129
Very cool Andy! I'd love to hear what you think of it.

-------------------------

There was another thread that talked about "What if Japan Invaded USSR in 1941" which lead to the discussion of Khalkhin Gol. Not having a lot of info on the topic esp the Air War aspect I happen to come across this book which I just purchased on eBay as well. Once read I will give a review.

Book17.jpg

Today while helping a friend Christmas shop I got sucked into the book section at a local close-out store and picked up these lovlies. Patton's Air Force is about Brig Gen Otto Weylands XIX Tacticle Air Command. The Great War - The Illustrated History of the First World War is a 6 volume set that totals about 2,700 pages and goes into a pretty detailed analysis with tons of pics. The downside is they did not have the last volume but they have another store near where I work at that hopefully will have it. Regardless, don't tell me how it ends!

book16.jpg

I'd be interested in your review of the Khalkhin Gol book - I included it on the Christmas wish-list I send out to the in-laws (they always get me aeroplane books so, rather than waste their money, I give them some steers on things that would interest me!).

Looks like you and I have some similar interests!

Cheers,
B-N

....and I did it again.

I just bought this book only to find out somebody had bought it as a gift for me. DOH!!!

Attachments

• book18.jpg
    book18.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 93
Nah, just tired of finding devious ways of getting rid of unwanted books without the gift-giver finding out.

It's not that I'm ungrateful but if someone loves me enough to buy a gift for me, I don't want them wasting their money.

Hey Dave, let me know how much you want for it.:thumbright: I picked this up off of amozon this week and also ordered the first book In the Cockpit I. should be here next week.

Attachments

• IMG_4837 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4837 resized 20.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 86
:lol: Too late mon ami, I've already found it a good home.

I have the Bf-109 Lancaster books, what do you think of the Spitfire one?

No problem. I got the P-51 a few weeks ago and loved it so when I saw this one on Amozon I jumped on it along with In The Cockpit I to go with II. I have not had a chance to look through it yet as it just showed up yesterday and I have had way to much going on.:lol:

I just got the Fw 190 book today in the mail and I am soooo psyched! As you can see, this is #18 of a series published in 1968. My father bought the whole series and I used to look through them as a kid. When he passed away, I got his library and sadly some of the books were missng. I got this off Amazon for $1.96!! Now I just need #10 and its complete again. Brought back so many memories!!!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 131

Users who are viewing this thread

Back