A new book in my library. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not really books well, at least three of them. Picked these up today at Barnes and Noble. Not sure if the B-17G one is a new series or not but well worth the price. It has some great profiles and pictures in it.

HPIM3194.JPG
HPIM3195.JPG

20170208_002735.jpg

20170208_002825.jpg

20170208_002948.jpg

20170208_002912.jpg

If you are looking for a book to model the He 162 with, this ain't it. If however you want the story of the Volksjager, with original source documents (in German), then this is definitely the book you want. Unfortunately it is not the book I was hoping for.

20170208_180234.jpg

A wonderful book worthy of the series and I am only part of the way through it! Highlights include a picture of the interior of one of the high altitude birds with pressurized cockpit, a breakdown of the geodetic parts common to the Wellington AND Warwick as well as info on the wing structure and unique skin of the Windsor. Loving it! The best part is all this can be yours for a bit over $10.00 USD on the used book market...and I read on LibraryThing that there is a revised edition...gotta keep searching!

CORRECTION: According to Haynes, there was no revised edition (see response below)

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I am sorry but we have not published a revised edition of this manual, and the current one is now out of print.

Kind regards

Marion Wilson

Customer Service Adviser on behalf of Haynes"

I guess you can't believe everything you read...

20170208_180316.jpg

German language monographs with many excellent pictures, some of which I have never seen before. A steal at under $30.00 USD for the lot, including shipping. Happy!

Last edited:
ADDENDUM

View attachment 365145

A wonderful book worthy of the series and I am only part of the way through it! Highlights include a picture of the interior of one of the high altitude birds with pressurized cockpit, a breakdown of the geodetic parts common to the Wellington AND Warwick as well as info on the wing structure and unique skin of the Windsor. Loving it! The best part is all this can be yours for a bit over $10.00 USD on the used book market...and I read on LibraryThing that there is a revised edition...gotta keep searching!

CORRECTION: According to Haynes, there was no revised edition (see response below)

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I am sorry but we have not published a revised edition of this manual, and the current one is now out of print.

Kind regards

Marion Wilson

Customer Service Adviser on behalf of Haynes"

I guess you can't believe everything you read...

Nice gents! "Beyond Pearl Harbor" is on my wants list! I got this one in the mail today, Jack was a RAAF Navigator who survived flying in Blenheims in Singapore & Malaya.RAAF Bostons over New Guinea and finally RAAF B-24's out of Darwin. Can't wait to read it.
View attachment 365184

"Three Times Lucky" is a good read. I was mostly interested in his early experiences flying Blenheims...but it's a very readable book.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back