A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll blame you Paul - just ordered a copy, at £24.99 and free shipping, which is a good price, as I've seen some at an average of around £55, and at least one over £100.

I'll blame you Paul - just ordered a copy, at £24.99 and free shipping, which is a good price, as I've seen some at an average of around £55, and at least one over £100.

LOL Terry, if it is a combination of other books I just made more space on your shelves as you can get rid of the other books for the space of one which means you can get more books to replace the empty spaces. Seems logical to me LOL

Ah, that's a good id..... hang on. You're trying to make me buy more books, but first I need more bookshelves, and to get more bookshelves, I need to get a bigger room, and to get a bigger room, I need to get a bigger house.
To get the bigger house, I need to get bigger money.
Fancy helping out on a Bank job ?

Ah, that's a good id..... hang on. You're trying to make me buy more books, but first I need more bookshelves, and to get more bookshelves, I need to get a bigger room, and to get a bigger room, I need to get a bigger house.
To get the bigger house, I need to get bigger money.
Fancy helping out on a Bank job ?

LOL then we just buy the local library and convert it to all military books?

My latest two.. Really looking forward to reading the second one :cool:

IMG_4347.JPG
IMG_4348.JPG

Andy,

Is that second book part of the Star Wars saga?

Purchased these from the "Fatherland". Nice series of books with great pictures.

20170121_152345.jpg

Was also duplicated in England under the title Modell Magazin War Album.

Andy,

Is that second book part of the Star Wars saga?
:lol: Great title though don't you think! Seriously though it looks like a great book detailing all Japanese flights over the top half of Australia, and more importantly, lists every Japanese aircraft and aircrew KIA over Oz. Ideal for those like me who like seeing actual losses and not claimed losses.

Love aviation books about the beginning of the Pacific war. Please let me know how that one is.

Here is another worth a look that I am part way through - William Bartsch's Doomed at the start. Very easy reading. Amazon product ASIN 0890966796 View: https://www.amazon.com/Doomed-Start-Philippines-Williams-Ford-University/dp/0890966796
Basically a history of the 24th Pursuit Group from Dec 41 to May 42.

They were at Clark Field when the Japanese attacked but some survivors ended up in Australia after escaping in a B-18 with a pilot riding on fuel drums in the cabin and hand pumping fuel to the tanks through a hole in the floor.

PS Do not know why the big gap above

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is another worth a look that I am part way through - William Bartsch's Doomed at the start. Very easy reading. Amazon product ASIN 0890966796 View: https://www.amazon.com/Doomed-Start-Philippines-Williams-Ford-University/dp/0890966796
Basically a history of the 24th Pursuit Group from Dec 41 to May 42.

They were at Clark Field when the Japanese attacked but some survivors ended up in Australia after escaping in a B-18 with a pilot riding on fuel drums in the cabin and hand pumping fuel to the tanks through a hole in the floor.

PS Do not know why the big gap above

Read this one already. Liked it very much. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back