A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

View attachment 540172
View attachment 540173

Picked these up for $10.00 each. Spanish with (mostly) english photo captions. Was on the fence until volume 2, and an odd caption calling attention to the mg in the engine nacelle...I though "Oh boy, there is a good there", but low and behold, there poking out from the top rear of the engine nacelle was a fixed mg! Damn. Never knew that. There were actually a few pictures showing this installation on both engines. Anybody know this before? Worth the money just for that.

Very cool, Jim Never new of the fixed machine guns

IMG_20190602_123413.jpg

Received Yesterday from E. R. Hamilton Bookseller, Falls Village CT. More than half of the books in my library have come from them. Their shipping cost just went to $4 per shipment from $3. I had paid $3 per shipment for more than 25 years, no matter how many books in the order (media mail). Shipping cost is different if shopping from their web site. I use old school as they send magazine like catalogs free every few weeks. The expensive Shiffer books are usually about 30-40% off.
IMG_6106 copy.jpg

I wanted the aero-engine title because of Shinpachi's excellent translations got me interested.

Received Yesterday from E. R. Hamilton Bookseller, Falls Village CT. More than half of the books in my library have come from them. Their shipping cost just went to $4 per shipment from $3. I had paid $3 per shipment for more than 25 years, no matter how many books in the order (media mail). Shipping cost is different if shopping from their web site. I use old school as they send magazine like catalogs free every few weeks. The expensive Shiffer books are usually about 30-40% off.
I wanted the aero-engine title because of Shinpachi's excellent translations got me interested.

I totally agree about Shinpachi's translations. They opened up a whole new interest for me also.

Great info about the book store as well too tho I doubt they will send the magazine to Aus and asking my offspring in the US to scan and sent the catalog is probably not going to work with two very young children in the house.

Get your family on their mailing list, have them buy something and then they will get the catalogs. When their "new arrivals" catalogs come they must be looked through for aviation/military titles which are scattered in the non-fiction pages, so unless you have infected family members with "Aviatitus" they may find it boring. Whatever their interests, they may well find subjects they like. The old school mailing address is: Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Company, P.O. Box 15, Falls Village, CT 06031-0015. Website has, they say, a larger listing and and different shipping rates. The old school is by check/money order only while online uses VISA,MC, PayPal. They have proven very reputable as when a selection is gone they send a refund check for that amount which you can cash or use with a future order. Two years ago, I found one of their checks from 1993 I used as a bookmark in a book, wrote them to see if they would honor it and was told " of course". That's why more than half of my books come from them. One other thing, although I have had only one mistake, they added a book I did not order and was not charged, they told me to keep it. As it was, by my standards, expensive, I sent it back with explanation. The sent a refund check for it.

Get your family on their mailing list, have them buy something and then they will get the catalogs. When their "new arrivals" catalogs come they must be looked through for aviation/military titles which are scattered in the non-fiction pages, so unless you have infected family members with "Aviatitus" they may find it boring. Whatever their interests, they may well find subjects they like. The old school mailing address is: Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Company, P.O. Box 15, Falls Village, CT 06031-0015. Website has, they say, a larger listing and and different shipping rates. The old school is by check/money order only while online uses VISA,MC, PayPal. They have proven very reputable as when a selection is gone they send a refund check for that amount which you can cash or use with a future order. Two years ago, I found one of their checks from 1993 I used as a bookmark in a book, wrote them to see if they would honor it and was told " of course". That's why more than half of my books come from them. One other thing, although I have had only one mistake, they added a book I did not order and was not charged, they told me to keep it. As it was, by my standards, expensive, I sent it back with explanation. The sent a refund check for it.

NOTHING beats a happy customer for producing repeat sales and new customers.

Many thanks - I will get my US daughter to buy a book - my US son hates aircraft so less chance of getting a book thru him using your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back