A new book in my library. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20200517_094507.jpg
20200517_094538.jpg

The latest in the series I guess. Been thumbing my way through it and have been enjoying the trip.

Do you guys have B-17 book suggestions? I have Freeman's B-17 Flying Fortress book and was looking to add another to my collection full of great content.

Depends on what you are looking for. The mechanical side and history of the machine or squadrons, markings and such? Currently at work but post a few I have that you might find interesting.

Thanks Paul

Depends on what you are looking for. The mechanical side and history of the machine or squadrons, markings and such? Currently at work but post a few I have that you might find interesting.

Thanks Paul

Hello Paul,

I'm more interested in the history and quality photographs although I may get into modeling down the road with my son.

Steve

Hello Paul,

I'm more interested in the history and quality photographs although I may get into modeling down the road with my son.

Steve

Morning Steve,

I have both of these. Both are good on history and different models with pictures though me personally prefer Peter M Bowers even though its older. It has quite a few more pictures of the early years of the B-17 and well I prefer the 8x11 roughly pages over the 6x9 roughly pages. Both cover from beginning of the B-17 to post war usage. Both can be found for a decent price yet. Hope it helps

All the best
Paul

Amazon product ASIN 0913194042
Amazon product ASIN B00E8HPKQ0

Last edited:
I haven't been reading much as of late with airventure shut down this year and most museums so far I have just not had the desire to read as much. Picked this one up a while back that has some interesting things in it. Picture from books as never new the Japanese did something like this. Below is book 2, I don't have book 1 yet but may order it yet.

1.jpg
HPIM3537.JPG

Morning Steve,

I have both of these. Both are good on history and different models with pictures though me personally prefer Peter M Bowers even though its older. I has quite a few more pictures of the early years of the B-17 and well I prefer the 8x11 roughly pages over the 6x9 roughly pages. Both cover from beginning of the B-17 to post war usage. Both can be found for a decent price yet. Hope it helps

All the best
Paul

Amazon product ASIN 0913194042
Amazon product ASIN B00E8HPKQ0

Thank you for the recommendations, Paul. Will look into those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back