A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Newest Arrivals

HPIM3685.JPG
HPIM3686.JPG

51tzcE-ONbL.jpg

This has just arrived. First volume in what will be an 8 volume, in-depth series covering the Battle of Britain in detail. This volume covers the inter-war years and RAF policy and aircraft acquisition in those years, the period leading into the outbreak of war, then all the actions involving the RAF leading up to the officially recognised start of The Battle of Britain.

Will be interesting to see how he approaches this period and in particular the decision making leading up to September 1939 and then what happens up until the Fall of France compared to what other researcher/authors have written in books before now.

View attachment 732061

This has just arrived. First volume in what will be an 8 volume, in-depth series covering the Battle of Britain in detail. This volume covers the inter-war years and RAF policy and aircraft acquisition in those years, the period leading into the outbreak of war, then all the actions involving the RAF leading up to the officially recognised start of The Battle of Britain.

Will be interesting to see how he approaches this period and in particular the decision making leading up to September 1939 and then what happens up until the Fall of France compared to what other researcher/authors have written in books before now.
How does it compares with the Battle of Britain Combat Archive?

At first sight this focus more in the strategic level and the combat archive in the daily actions.

How does it compares with the Battle of Britain Combat Archive?

At first sight this focus more in the strategic level and the combat archive in the daily actions.
This extract from the introduction to the first volume will hopefully give some context to the series of books and the differences to other series of books on the subject that may seem similar.

BOB Series Context.jpg

This extract from the introduction to the first volume will hopefully give some context to the series of books and the differences to other series of books on the subject that may seem similar.

View attachment 732077
Thanks, seems a mix for strategic level and day to day action altough don't know if goes to the details of Combat Archive, which seems to focus more in day to day action and not in the strategic level.

yes have the last volume due to a relative flying in stab/III. gruppe in autumn of 44. Excellent series ~

Gentlemen....

This fella, has a evil twin brother at my work....!
Joking aside, Tom Troubridge, the captain of Indomitable, one of my colleagues at work is a spitting image of him, the likeness is uncanny! 😳😲
I nearly fell off the couch when I saw the photo!

IMG_20230804_143141.jpg

515cT5oMl1S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back