A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd prefer that myself, but, in a rented house, with the present lay out of furniture, and paintings hanging on the walls, I have to make do with separate, low level bookcases. It's a b*gg*r trying to bend down to get a book from the bottom shelves - arthritis really sucks!!

Just got this in the mail from Amazon for $1.86 used -

"The Luftwaffe: 1933-1945 Part 1" by Alfred Price.

Its mostly a picture book but I've only seen about 5% of the pics before! Great stuff and great price!

Here's a couple I just got:

"Battles of the Ancient World - 1285 B.C. ~ A.D. 451" by Devries, Dougherty, Dickie, Jestice and Rice (ISBN: 978-1-4351-3270-2) covering 20 major and history altering battles of the Ancient world. Has over 200 color black and white images and maps. 224 pages in all.

"The Amazing Weapons That Never Were" by Gregory Benford and the Editors of Popular Mechanics (ISBN: 978-1-58816-862-7) covering about a century of fantastic battlefield weapon ideas. Loaded with images from Popular Mechanics, (Sketches, drawings, maps and actual photos of prototypes) with 200 pages.

Very cool Dave, I just had the Amazong Weapons book in my hands yesterday debating if I should buy it. I should have!
There's still time to get it, since the next apocolypse is a ways off yet...it's an awesome book and worth reading!

As my colleagues at work knows my interest, one of them gave me this for Christmas, not a book but....need to finish Band of Brothers now!
I have that set and it's an excellent DVD presentation but be forewarned, once you start it, you won't want to pause it!

Users who are viewing this thread