A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This arrived today, a little earlier than expected. Having read a lot about this book, I'm very pleased to learn that all the good comments are true - a superb book.

Attachments

• Buys 234.jpg
    Buys 234.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks David - just about to stretch out and study it.
I have to say I'm rather pleased, as I was trying to find a copy at a sensible price, with prices ranging from £49 to £160 (about $73 to $240 US) !! This copy was advertised as 'secondhand, good condition', and is actually pristine and untouched - it's obvious the pages have never been turned, or the cover opened - and I got it for £30 including shipping.

That first one looks really interesting, I've never heard of the "Carl D"

R Leonard recommend the first one to beef up my knowledge about the Early Pacific. It'll be the next one I read after "Voices of the Titanic". The Carl D Bradley was a Freighter that sank in a November storm, 1958 on Lake Michigan. She only had two survivors, she ranks up there with the Edmund Fitzgerald. Here's a website for info.
Carl D. Bradley

have Roy Sutherlands Thunderbolots-365th fg coming by post............anyone have this book to make comment, over 500 pics. the 9th
AF fg's sure has not had adequate coverage at all over the years.

E ~

I have a copy of Mogins Maulers, glad it was personally signed by one of the pilots but it really lacks in photo content and the pics are quite small, am looking at a copy of the 354th fg Pioneer Mustangs for march as funds assist via Schiffer, have the original from the pilots in hardbound blue cover but again the copied pics are dark and grainy and way too small, much is just pilots and personell hardly a thing of the groups Mustangs. the Schiffer pub I guess is outstanding being the top scoring US fighter group in the ETO and again not much has been said of this fierce fighter group of the 9th AF. we always here of the 8th's AF fg's doing the job which in essence they did the 354th did come on the scene in December of 43 with the first P-51B's to everyones surprise......and they vied with the 8th's 4th and 56th fg at the time for top kill honors.

I'm also hearing that the 368th fg book is a must have with much colour of the artwork within. their web-site really is outstanding as well - great tribute to the Jug guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back