A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last two books from my December Amazon order have arrived.
9781591144724.gif

japanese-destroyer-captain-pearl-harbor-guadalcanal-midway-great-capt-tameichi-hara-paperback-co.jpg

I switched my second book from the The First Team to Shumachers work on the Carl D. Bradley, about 20 pages left to go. I used the last of my gift card to order this.
deadly-voyage-s-s-daniel-j-morrell-tragedy-andrew-kantar-paperback-cover-art.jpg

some nice PTO reads there Gents..............

flashing through some pages of the 365th fg Hellhawks book, some good first person accounts and small but nice pics, of the Jugs, good profiles for you modellers the book really covers many of the later war bubble tops. Over 500 photos. must confess am overlooking some of the claims of Tiger tanks put out of action by .50 cal rounds and bombs but of course all US AF Jabo crews thought they were clobbering German Tigers on the West front. No doubt the serious damage though the Jugs could muster against German locos, the Hellhawks popped over 500 of them during their career.

question anyone have the Schiffer pubs 354th fg Pioneer Mustang book and their opinions of it ? I have the original post war hardback from the group but pics are small, grainy and hardly any bit of historical text. Practically nothing on the Jugs or the P-51's.

Well done Andy!

I got this one in today as well - fresh off of the printing press. It's a book about an American named John C Robinson. He influenced the establishment of the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama and flew combat against the Italians in Africa. He eventually was appointed Chief of Air Force in Ethiopia by the Ethiopian Emperor. This is one I will be reviewing.

Condor.gif

question anyone have the Schiffer pubs 354th fg Pioneer Mustang book and their opinions of it ?

Hi Erich ..nice avatar..NJG 2 I believe and thanks for your last mail !
yep I have the huge Schiffer volume on the 354th FG, 400+ large format glossy pages, 600 pics, extensive text, day-by-day mission accounts, it's got to be one of Schiffer's best - let down a little by the rather amateurish profile artwork, think its done by the guy who did the illustrations for the 'Aces Wingmen' books, all the alu 'stangs have come out a light shade of blue in the printing process..

Latest additions to my book collection:

Cheers
Alberto

By the way, with the above Topcolors book I got these 1/48 and 1/72 decals that I will never use, if someone is interested I can send them over, just drop me a p.m. with the address.
Kagero P38 Decals.jpg

Alberto

Picked up two books the other day, to fatten up my collection (which would be merely a bookend compared to a few collections here - you know who ya'll are!) :lol:

First one looked like an informative read, I'm just a few pages into it now, as time permits (already skimmed through the photos, though)

Heinkel He100 Record Breaker by Irwin Hood, soft cover, 96 pages (ISBN 978-1-85780-260-3)
Covers the development of the He100 and it's variations right up to thier very end. This is one of my all time favorite aircraft, so this is a great addition to my bookshelf :)

IPD 733[450x582].jpg

Now this next one is a serious score for those who enjoy the full range of military history!
Military History: The Definitive Visual Guide To The Objects Of Warfare by the Smithsonian, hardbound with 448 pages, over 1,750 images (ISBN 978-0-7566-9838-6)
This is going to take some time to go through...I've already glanced through it (yes, the images too...and there's alot of 'em)

IPD 734[450x525].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back