A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked these up...now where is my Japanese to English to American to New York dictionary?

2013-02-01_22-43-16_317.jpg

Since I have not posted my new books in a while, I have several new books. Squadron/Signal Publications Fleet Air Arm, MiG Alley, And Kill MiGs and TAC. I got two books from the library book sale, Shield of David, the history of Isreal's aircraft and the Encyclopedia of World Air Power which has all the Worlds Air Forces and what they fly, many aircraft, some with cut-away and large three view drawings and all air launched missiles. It even has what they though the Su-24 Fencer would look like.

Great scores guys!

Jim - is that cutaway of a Nakajima C6N1 on the top centre cover....?

Been chasing this for a while, scored yesterday at a monthly model market we have here, in mint condition! Great detail photos of aircraft structures, engines and instruments from all eras...

STA51367.JPG

Evan, yup, either that or the Myrth (?). Get the two mixed up. Some info you need my friend? (Wow, why did I just talk like Yoda there? Weird.)

Could use some indeed mate - Ben! Tell him I'm ready to accept info!!! :)

Any photos or interior drawings you might have on the Saiun (Allied code name: Myrt :) ) would be appreciated. Looking round myself, but the more the merrier!

Cheers mate!

Want to know what it was like in the trenches in WW1?

At the Sharp End and Shock Troops by Tim Cook

At the Sharp End covers the harrowing early battles of World War One, when tens of thousands, then hundreds of thousands, died, before the generals and soldiers found ways to break the terrible stalemate of the front. It provides both an intimate look at the Canadian men in the trenches and an authoritative account of the slow evolution in tactics, weapons, and advancement. Featuring never-before-published photographs, letters, diaries, and maps, this recounting of the Great War through the soldiers' eyewitness accounts is moving and thoroughly engrossing.

Shock Troops follows the Canadian fighting forces during the titanic battles of Vimy Ridge, Hill 70, Passchendaele, and the Hundred Days campaign. Through the eyes of the soldiers who fought and died in the trenches on the Western Front, and based on newly uncovered Canadian, British, and German archival sources, Cook builds on Volume I of his national bestseller, At the Sharp End. The Canadian fighting forces never lost a battle during the final 2 years of the war, and although they paid a terrible price in the killing fields of the Great War, they were indeed, as British Prime Minister David Lloyd George exclaimed, the shock troops of the Empire.

Just started reading this

IMG_0279_zpsd5389770.gif

It is not about the Spitfire but as the cover suggests about Shenstone. It starts with his early life in Canada,his pre war work for Junkers in Germany and his work on "flying wings" with Alexander Lippisch.He was aware of just how far ahead German aerodynamic and aircraft design was and this informed his work as chief aerodynamicist at Supermarine and the design of the Spitfire.
The book also covers his post war work.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back