A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSC_0366_zpse7b5288e.jpg

DSC_0367_zps12c49b1c.jpg

.....and this wee gem, arrived today as well!

DSC_0368_zps15e8e097.jpg

Thanks old boy! Think I might invest in that old volume then. Got a book signed by Beamont somewhere - he used to be President of the PFA, and saw him at a few 'Fly In' events.

Got given a copy of "From Timaru to Stalag VIIIB" By Jack Hardy:

188489585_full.jpg

This story captures the joy of flying, the excitement of training as a bomber pilot - and the horror of being shot down and captured in World War II. Worse was to come: airmen were handcuffed every day in their prison camp as punishment for the damage they inflicted on Germany. Jack's survival in the camp, and on the gruelling march to freedom, are an inspiring read, told with typical Kiwi humour and modesty.

What's even better - Its a first edition, and its signed!

Last edited:
Great catch there Gum, and good one Jan.
Could only find a battered, ex-Library copy of the Typhoon book, at £9.95 plus shipping. Not paying that for a battered book sold by the library for between 50 Pence and £1 !
Only other copies ranged between £37 and £171 !!! For a book published in 1974 which, although reasonable, is nothing stunning!
So, I've ordered the combined edition, 'Mosquito, Typhoon and Tempest at War' - both books combined, with extra material, in good condition, for £4.95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back