A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

..is this a minor detail or a catastrophe..? is the whole print run affected ? as I said I don't honestly feel it will detract from the pleasure of owning this very nice book (the contents are as advertised ie Fw 190 Vol 3..and very good too)

Perhaps it will be a collectible someday 8)

Could have been worse - the book itself could have been the Ju88, with the FW 190 dust jacket!
But then, the publishers would probably send the correct book, FOC, and you'd end up with a free bonus, Ju88 book!

I have just got the proofs to my ny new book "Our Might Always - History of the 355th - Volume I". Schiffer has performed a great job of working with me on edits and latitude on the 700+ photos and 55 color side elevations. Many have not heard about the 355th FG, TFW or FW but it is one of the US Great aviation combat units.

Little known facts:

200,000 tons of bombs dropped by 355th in Vietnam - 1/3 of all the bombes dropped by all the B-17s in Vietnam
More a/c destroyed on the ground than any US combat unit
3rd highest number of a/c destroyed by any combat unit in AAF/USAF
Operational in every air combat deployment other than Korea when it was attached to ADC flying F-86D's during Korean War
Operational today from Davis Monthan AFB, Tuscon AZ - and on first line deployment anywhere in the world with the A-10 HOG

0711005427_zps0089bef8.jpg

0711007047_zpsfd16eaa3.jpg

Great stuff Bill.
Jan, what's the Typhoon book like? I'm considering getting it, but some of the 'At War' series are a bit basic, photographically, whilst others a pretty good. Don't want to take up diminishing shelf space if the contents already exists in other books !

Just bought it old old chap, one shall let you know, as soon as it arrives.
Hopefully, I'll have my other books before the weekend...

Maybe, just maybe, one will find a Davidson, or two, in there....right Bill? :lol:

Thanks awfully old chap. I've found a couple of Davidsons in one of my Mosquito books, and I'm 'watching' an oxygen mask on the 'bay' at the moment (to go with my FAA Type C helmet) which, coincidentally, is not only ex- FAA, but named to a Lt. Cdr. Davidson!

I have just got the proofs to my ny new book "Our Might Always - History of the 355th - Volume I". Schiffer has performed a great job of working with me on edits and latitude on the 700+ photos and 55 color side elevations. Many have not heard about the 355th FG, TFW or FW but it is one of the US Great aviation combat units.

Little known facts:

200,000 tons of bombs dropped by 355th in Vietnam - 1/3 of all the bombes dropped by all the B-17s in Vietnam
More a/c destroyed on the ground than any US combat unit
3rd highest number of a/c destroyed by any combat unit in AAF/USAF
Operational in every air combat deployment other than Korea when it was attached to ADC flying F-86D's during Korean War
Operational today from Davis Monthan AFB, Tuscon AZ - and on first line deployment anywhere in the world with the A-10 HOG

VERY COOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back