ACADEMY 1/72 P-47 D Razorback (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
Hi to all

Well known P-47D from Academy.
Out of box, only some correction - shortening about 1mm main lending gears, so now it sits a little better.
Model master olive drab, tamiya neutral gray, washes - artistic oil paints, varnish - gunze mat top cote. Only thing missing on pictures is drop tank, still not finished, and light bulb under wing for landing light, applied just after taking pictures. As always pictures not perfect but i hope you will like this model. I enjoyed a lot making it.

Regards Djordje

1s_zpsp4o2legw.jpg

6s_zpsslf53toz.jpg

2s_zpsdgpvvmwv.jpg

9s_zpsyqxkgrsy.jpg

7s_zpsqbdoottu.jpg

14s_zpslhzindq0.jpg

15s_zpsp2fiqyhl.jpg

11s_zps48zj7dpn.jpg

12s_zpsmwxu6txy.jpg

Last edited:
Sjajan rad Đorđe./Great work Djordje.
I've seen your model on another forum. I really like it. Actually, I have this same model "in the works" myself. Haven't decided on the scheme yet though.

Fantastic work Djorgde, the pics looks fine to me :thumbright:
In the same way that Imalco, I also have the same Tamiya 1/48. And I must be at 5% to finish.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Very nice! Beautiful paint scheme and weathering. Out of curiosity, what was it like using the checkerboard decals? Did they fit nicely or were they a pain?

Thank you all for kind words.
@JonOlsen
Same as with all academy decals, very thick and not easy for work. To set correctly lot of chemistry needed, i used one after another, Decal Solutions from Humbrol, Revell and Gunze......not vise approach but i was desperate :)
At the end they obey to apply as i wish. So Academy kits, i like them, reasonable price with nice look (some issues with shape and dimensions....not to much visible for ordinary modelers) but decals are nightmare....almost always.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back