Adobe Flash Player....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, can I uninstall the Active X after installing the Adobe Flash Player, or will it, doing so, stop working after?

So, can I uninstall the Active X after installing the Adobe Flash Player, or will it, doing so, stop working after?

Just leave the ActiveX. You cannot unistall it anyway as it's integrated in Windows. Just this small applet could be un-installed, but I wouldn't bother.. Adobe can be trusted so you don't need to uninstall. If you feel uncomfortable with ActiveX, I suggest you install Firefox of another browser and stop using IE. I twould rid you from this question about ActiveX as the Flash plugin for FF is an entirely different one.

Don't know about firefox, never felt the need to try it
I don't know the intricacies of Java but I'm pretty sure they do have dependencies - could be wrong there though, ActiveX has never been something I've felt the need to delve into any deeper than I have done

You can use ActiveX with Java, but it's not common practise. It would limit your visitors to using IE and it would not be cross-platform as ActiveX only works on Windows+IE systems. Most people avoid using ActiveX for exactly that.

Heh. I always thought it was something used in conjunction with KY and lots of butter. "ActiveX....see our ad in Golf magazine..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back