"Adoft Hitler" birthday cake

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
EASTON, Pa. – A supermarket is defending itself for refusing to a write out 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on his birthday cake.

Deborah Campbell, 25, of nearby Hunterdon County, N.J., said she phoned in her order last week to the Greenwich ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said Tuesday.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Anna Taylor told The Easton Express-Times that the store won't put anything illegal or profane on a cake but thinks it's important to respect the views of customers and employees.

"Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability," Taylor said from Bentonville, Ark.

When reached by The Associated Press, Taylor said she'd call back to provide a comment.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

The Campbells' two other children are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in a few months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will be 1 in April.

Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

He said about 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children of mixed race.

The guy claims to not be racist, but the names of the kids, including Aryan Nation and requesting a swastika on a cake? I read another article that stated he wore German WWII boots as well. Actions speak louder than words...

The guy claims to not be racist, but the names of the kids, including Aryan Nation and requesting a swastika on a cake? I read another article that stated he wore German WWII boots as well. Actions speak louder than words...

I agree Evan. This guys actions scream he is a Nazi sympathizer and racist, not to mention a complete dirtbag. You generally only name your children after people you admire and strive to be like. IMO, naming your child after someone is the single greatest compliment you can give a person. As far as my thinking goes, Hitler and his fellow Nazis are this guy's heroes, and must be a big influence on him. I feel so bad for this little boy, and his other siblings. First he is being brought into this world by two misguided parents, and also for all the hell he will be in for his whole life with this name. Hopefully he can learn to think for himself and not follow in the example being set by his parents!

EASTON, Pa. – A supermarket is defending itself for refusing to a write out 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on his birthday cake.

Deborah Campbell, 25, of nearby Hunterdon County, N.J., said she phoned in her order last week to the Greenwich ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said Tuesday.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Anna Taylor told The Easton Express-Times that the store won't put anything illegal or profane on a cake but thinks it's important to respect the views of customers and employees.

"Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability," Taylor said from Bentonville, Ark.

When reached by The Associated Press, Taylor said she'd call back to provide a comment.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

The Campbells' two other children are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in a few months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will be 1 in April.

Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

He said about 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children of mixed race.

dang you beat me to it

There is a picture of the "Parents" along with the young birthday Boy to go along with the article as well.
Kid looks normal, "Parents", not so much.
What the he!! is the matter with someone that would name thier children such names and then have the nerve to state they are not Biggoted, give me a break.

There is a picture of the "Parents" along with the young birthday Boy to go along with the article as well.
Kid looks normal, "Parents", not so much.
What the he!! is the matter with someone that would name thier children such names and then have the nerve to state they are not Biggoted, give me a break.

Buck, I'm afraid stupidity is rampant.
This man claims not to be racist; but naming your son after one of the most evil man in history, and asking for a swastika shows his true colors.

My dad's middle name was adolf, he hated it and would never sign it on anything. he was born in Holland in 1936 and at the time he was named it was a fairly common name.

My dad's middle name was adolf, he hated it and would never sign it on anything. he was born in Holland in 1936 and at the time he was named it was a fairly common name.

Adolf is still a normal but a little old fashioned name here in the Netherlands. I think the Hitler part in the name is rather distasteful, poor boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back