AH-64 Gun Cam Footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew this has stirred up a hornets' nest.

Some further points...

1. After viewing it I don't think I want to see this kind of vid clip on this site. It is one of the most unpleasant clips I have ever seen. I certainly would not want my kids to see it.

2. I say that whether there is a warning or not. Or whether it goes into a special thread of 'gun camera footage only' etc.

3. It hardly qualifies for a World War II site either - but I have to be careful as some of my stuff is post-WW2.

4. I am puzzled it is here and wonder where it came from. This sort of thing is either faked (I doubt it) or in effect stolen from some official footage because I can hardly see the people who made this release it into the public domain. This is especially pertinent given the recent fuss about soldiers abusing their prison charges. Uncle Sam 'throwing its weight around' like this is IMHO counter-productive. OK these soldiers were following orders and maybe these are terrorists (maybe not). But it is surely a good recruitment film for those who are against the US.

5. Finally, I also wonder who the person is who posted it? Seems odd to me to post something unpleasant like this on your first posting (and possibly last). To me it would seem to be not his/her property and was put up here to show off to his/her friends. So in that respect I think it is certainly an abuse of the site and its freedoms to post larger files.

Other sites have a 2 meg limit or you have to submit it for moderation first. So I hope this will not lead to us frequent posters having our serious fun spoiled by this piece of trash.

I suppose that with the title "AH-64 Guncam footage" u thought the vid was of the Iraqi countryside and all the pretty camels and dunes????

1. After viewing it I don't think I want to see this kind of vid clip on this site. It is one of the most unpleasant clips I have ever seen. I certainly would not want my kids to see it.
A. U dont determine what goes and is deleted on this site... U can go to another site that doesnt have a Off Topic Forum and these kind of GHASTLY and Horrendous clips wont be found....
B. U didnt have to view it, but the fact that u did shows that u wanted to see it.......
C. It is ur choice to show ur child this clip or not... Not the internets... Or this sites.... U as a parent are responsible for what ur children view, whether its TV, DVD's, or the internet... NetNanny and NetWatch are great programs for parents who cannot control their children.......

2. I say that whether there is a warning or not. Or whether it goes into a special thread of 'gun camera footage only' etc.
A. And I say ur some kinda discombobulated nincompoop........

3. It hardly qualifies for a World War II site either - but I have to be careful as some of my stuff is post-WW2.
A. Hence why it is located in the OFF TOPIC / MISCELLANOUS FORUM...... If u do not want to see any Unrelated info/pics/vids/topics of Aviation, then dont go to a forum labeled OFF TOPIC............

4. I am puzzled it is here and wonder where it came from. This sort of thing is either faked (I doubt it) or in effect stolen from some official footage because I can hardly see the people who made this release it into the public domain.
A. Have u ever heard of The Discovery Channel??? Or the Learning Channel??? American Shows..... They have shows dealing with subject matter such as the "Fire Control Systems of the AH-64" and whatnot.. They get their rights to use said footage from the United States Govt....

This is especially pertinent given the recent fuss about soldiers abusing their prison charges.
B. This clip was from the opening days of the war, a long time ago, as I stated before in this thread... It has no bearing on todays politics....

Uncle Sam 'throwing its weight around' like this is IMHO counter-productive.
C. What in the living hell are u talking about???? What kind of pussificated pansy are u??? Sounds like some Anti-American Feelings there.....

OK these soldiers were following orders and maybe these are terrorists (maybe not)
D. So are u actually implying the the US Army just haphazzardly goes around the counrtyside dismembering innocent civilians with 20mm cannonfire cause its a "Fun" thing to do??? Are u honestly that retarded???? Or has the soft leftest media pumped enough of that anti-war crap up ur ass that ur actually starting to believe it???

But it is surely a good recruitment film for those who are against the US.
E. Like urself???

5. Finally, I also wonder who the person is who posted it? Seems odd to me to post something unpleasant like this on your first posting (and possibly last).
A. The person who posted it is probably a patriotic individual who supports his troops and his country's decision to end tyranny and abuse...
Or, he just like seeing terrorists get blown to little tiny pieces as payback for the 13 people he knew, like myself, who died a horrible and horrific death in the World Trade Center Terrorist Attack........

To me it would seem to be not his/her property and was put up here to show off to his/her friends.
B. I have no idea what the hell u mean by this, so ill ignore it.........

Other sites have a 2 meg limit or you have to submit it for moderation first. So I hope this will not lead to us frequent posters having our serious fun spoiled by this piece of trash.
Blah Blah Blah........ If this is serious fun 4 u, typing on a keyboard in ur room, by urself, u need to find a new hobby......

There are these things out there called "Women"... They are usually slightly shorter than urself, have longer hair and have 2 bumps where they shouldnt..... Dont be surprised if u suddenly find out that they are pink inside.... Everythings OK........

Oh and 1 more thing... Always remember, one mans trash is another mans treasure........

Attachments

• wtc_above_176.jpg
    wtc_above_176.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 130
SHAME ON YOU, LES!

It's 30mm, not 20mm. M-230 30mm to be precise. How dare you shame those Apache pilots into thinking they have a pussy 20mm between their legs. :lol:

Oh yeah and the ones that are being pussies, stop it. Those people who got blasted were stupid enough to get in the way of a 30mm round, they deserve it.

And personally, I enjoy watching them get blown to pieces...serves them right for breaking the law when a AH-64 is around. :twisted:

anyone care to post an AH-64 for us.

3cm eh ? the way the rounds were hitting the targets / the trucks it appeared as 2cm as the debris really did not cover large distances. Would of thought the 3cm hits would of devastated the vehicles beside those insurgent maggots ............

yes we are a poweful nation and I stand behind her, her actions in the mid-east and her troops totally. I did back in the late 60's-early 70's and would do it again if I could...........

don't get me pissed or my foot will be right up your crotch :D

It looks much better in grey, in my opinion. In fact, I'm going to steal that picture. :twisted:

According to http://www.jolly-rogers.com/airpower/ah-64d/64d-arm.htm the Longbow Apache (AH-64D) carries a M230E1 30mm cannon under the fuselage.
Rate of fire for the M230 is 600-650 rounds per minute, the spool-up time to acheive this rate being a brief 0.2 seconds. 1200 rounds are carried in the magazine-pack above the gun. Each round takes approximately 2 seconds to travel 1000m. However, as the shell's energy dissipates, it takes some 12.2 seconds to cover 3000m.

As those peckers found out.

You may have been confusing the AH-1 armament with the AH-64 (because I used to). The AH-1 carries a M197 20mm three-barelled cannon. They're using AH-1W (?) in Iraq, so some of those terrorists get the feel of the 20mm while others get the 30mm...

And those lucky souls to meet a M1A2 get either a .50cal or 105mm... :twisted: :lol:

yes I try to be a bit reserved but it must be taking me back to the Vietnam dayz.....funny what can stir things up in the soul.....agent orange, red, blue, here we come ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back