AH-64 Gun Cam Footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks for the long replies. But I am puzzled. How come we are supposed to be able to express our opinions on a forum like this and yet there is always someone who has to resort to insults and question one's patriotism into the bargain?

I stand by what I wrote.

I am from the UK and have the greatest respect for many (but not all) of the people in the military who defend us. I am not against the use of strong measures against the enemies whoever they are but the use of this video as entertainment is gratuitous nastiness of the worst kind.

It just doesn't have a place on this site... pure and simple. Whoever posted it is probaly having a great laugh about all this verbiage and I wonder why I bothered in the first place.

Taken out of its context this video is worthless and could only do the respected US forces harm IMHO. Whatever these guys in the video have done, or were going to do, did they deserve this? To be blasted to pieces when they had not fired on the helicopter? When they were not given a warning? When they were not clearly presenting a threat?

I have seen another video where an Apache opens up on a target and destroys it. Only after does the pilot discover it is a US AFV. That was tragic. I have great reservations about this kind of offensive firepower. OK our guys deserve the best in equipment and the means to use it but sometimes it just seems cowardly, bullying almost, to stand off and blast someone like this. I hate to think what would happen if some of our guys did this in Northern Ireland against 'suspected terrorists'.

Guncam footage of a dogfight is a different matter entirely. It is one armed man against another. They both know the score and only one can win. Strafing some guys messing about with a truck can be seen as an unequal contest. Bullying even. Yes, terrorism is wrong but this is not right either. If we lower our standards to their level then they have won.

That is my opionion and I am entitled to express it on this forum without being villified for my trouble.

Balh Blah Blah... U have ur opinion, as does everyone else... Justlike assholes, everyones got one....

U obviously have never served in uniform and defended ur counrty in a time of war, so ur opinion really means shiit to me in the first place...

BUT...........

I posted this video originally about 7 months ago here... There is a background story to it that wasnt followed on... These were Insurgents in Eastern Iraq who had previously shot at 2 helicopters earlier that afternoon...

These 2 Apaches were sent in at night to alieveiate the problem... I have the WHOLE clip where it shows them throwing weapons on the ground and hiding them, as they seem to hear the helicopters off in the distance and get skittish... One even throws down his RPG into the high grass...

They were eliminated with severe predjudice...

Whatever else u have to say is Greek......... I will Villify anyone or anything that I feel needs to be Villified......

I AM THE VILLINATOR!!!

Oh and BTW...
yet there is always someone who has to resort to insults and question one's patriotism into the bargain?
Regard my sentence above...

Whatever these guys in the video have done, or were going to do, did they deserve this? To be blasted to pieces when they had not fired on the helicopter? When they were not given a warning? When they were not clearly presenting a threat?
Why dont we give all the Terrorists of the World a Big Break... They are SOOOOO misunderstood... Maybe if we took the time to know them better, we'd find out what kind and devoted people they are.... So what if some of their bretheren and compatriots SLAMMED A COUPLE OF PLANES INTO NEW YORKS TALLEST BUILDINGS.........

Lets buy them some nice pajamas and have tea and crumpets with them on the front lawn of Taj Mahal...

STFU Moron......

If ur gonna sit there and try and fight for the rights of terrorists and insurgents, u had better take ur faggot-ass attitude, opinions and beliefs somewhere else pal...... Those kind of opinions arent welcomed here....

The terrorists started the war! They obviously never heard anyone say "War isn't fair!" because they would have realised, they'd be getting blasted from miles away when they had no chance to fight back.

There's no 'bullying' - it's effective war with the least casualties as possible inflicted on your own men. The Coalition fly the flag of a standing army, they wear army colours, the let everyone know their presence in the country...the thick bastards that stand against them get blown to pieces, it's simple.

And I didn't post the video but I was laughing hysterically at them! :lol:

Yeah, it made me feel kinda good to watch it too.
There's just something about seeing assholes getting shot to shit that just does it every time. ;)

Someone should have told them "You don't warm your ass on a fire and expect not to get burnt"

Man, some of us here really did miss something in their education. Like royzee said, you guys lower your standards to the terrorists. Hate spraids more hate man, why dont you see that??!! violence causes more hate.. But luckily not all americans are that dumb.. And if u think we defend the terrorists, man than ur even dumber as the terrorists..

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

I know this isn't a great topic for a Thread, but can folk's be a little more "nicer" here shall I say, please :D

Might put off the newbies that come here if they see us all bitching at each other all the time.

Hot Space

This is getting a little heated. Obviously, there are strong opinions on both sides of this. The way it was posted, with no background information led some to believe that this was just unjustified killing. I tend to disagree. Les has provided the background info that maybe should have been there to begin with. I think we all need to take astep back on this one and agree to disagree. If it continues, I will lock this post.

Before you lock this thread Evan I think we all need to take this test...

1) In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped massacred by:
(a) Olga Corbutt
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Arnold Schwartzeneger
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 40

2) In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

(a) Lost Norwegians
(b) Elvis
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

3) During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

(a) John Dillinger
(b) The King of Sweden
(c) The Boy Scouts

4) In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

(a) A pizza delivery boy
(b) Pee Wee Herman
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 40.

5) In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:

(a) The Smurfs
(b) Davy Jones
(c) The Little Mermaid

6) In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked in Athens, a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:

(a) Captain Kid
(b) Charles Lindberg
(c) Mother Teresa

7) In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

(a) Scooby Doo
(b) The Tooth Fairy
(c) Butch Cassidy The Sundance Kid who had a few sticks of dynamite

8) In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

(a) Richard Simmons
(b) Grandma Moses
(c) Michael Jordan

9) In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Hillary, to detract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain:"Mustapha the Merciless"

10) On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked destroyed thousands of people were killed by:

(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida
(c) Mr. Bean

11) In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

(a) Enron
(b) The Lutheran Church
(c) The NFL

12) In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

(a) Bonny and Clyde
(b) Captain Kangaroo
(c) Billy Graham

And that's not including the acts against Britain...

I'm going to have to say A) for all of them. :lol:

Guys, in your country its possible that arnold schwarzenegger can be a governor... no wonder that idiots want to bomb a country that has this sort of idiots in high positions with power in politics that take dumb ass decicions..

Blitzkrieg Bop said:
Guys, in your country its possible that arnold schwarzenegger can be a governor... no wonder that idiots want to bomb a country that has this sort of idiots in high positions with power in politics that take dumb ass decicions..

EVAN, I THINK YOU NEED TO LOCK THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back