Aircraft Drawings other than WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, just being partially outlined I didn't quite recognize the aircraft. I am nowhere near as good at recognizing civil aircraft as I am at recognizing military ones and even then most of the others in this forum would be able to beat me at that...

Yes, agreed, it was just half-finished and as I said, civilian aircraft aren't my best field of knowledge.

Lyle: I was just drifting around the forum and decided to check out this thread and I'm glad I did . All I can say about your drawing is, dude you have got the touch!!! When I looked at the E-2 you did I had flashbacks big time! I spent a lot of years on the flightdeck standing right behind that young plane captain. I saved that one in "My Pictures" By the way, do you know where Lucas, KS is? My wife is originally from there.

DOUGRD,
Thanks for taking a look at my work and for the kind comments as well. That's what it's all about to me... if something I draw stirs up fond memories that's great. I too have an aircraft background but on the Air Force side of the house (My dad called me a "Zoom Pigeon":lol: ).
That particular drawing was used a couple of years ago for a Navy CMDR's retirement by the way so it has a lot of mileage. Kind of a neat thing I thought.
Yes, feel free to save my images. I have quite a few friends using them as wall paper for their computers.
Sorry, I don't know where Lucas is but there's quite a few towns in Kansas like that. Our future retirement home is in a little town called LeRoy, Ks. so I get a good mental picture of where your wife is from.
Take care,
Lyle

Gotta share this with you lads. This a lamp I have in my little play room. The base is from a Mk-82 500lb bomb fin. I made this thing several years ago. I got the fin from a bombing range where several practice bombs had been dropped. My wife just loves it!:shock:
AIRLAMP.gif

Quite a wild lamp stand, but we have the casing of some artillery shells that we use as vases. They are quite big and heavy those artillery shell casings.

Hey that's right! A friend of mine's dad did that very thing with some brass he'd acquired from WWII. Pretty neat!

Gotta share this with you lads. This a lamp I have in my little play room. The base is from a Mk-82 500lb bomb fin. I made this thing several years ago. I got the fin from a bombing range where several practice bombs had been dropped. My wife just loves it!:shock:
AIRLAMP.gif

I looked at the lamp for quite a while before I figured it out. I think your wife doesn't like the shade. What else could it possibly be?

I looked at the lamp for quite a while before I figured it out. I think your wife doesn't like the shade. What else could it possibly be?

EUREKA! That's gotta be it...the shade is what pushed her over the edge!:lol: By the way, made a little progress on the Pitts. I'm fighting my scanner to try and match what the original drawing. I plan to even out the tones and values as well as define more detail on the aircraft.
pittT.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back