Aircraft Identification Thread IV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay
 
dmo10.gif


Any guesses?
 
Im not sure the cockpit area does not quite look like a 1007, but then again I am very weak in Italian aircraft so you could be right.
 
Nope they were radials.

3 × Piaggio P.XI R2C.40 radials, rated at 1000 hp (745.49 kW) each.

or

3 x Piaggio P.XIX RC 45 radials, each rated at 1,175 hp (875 kW).

In fact this could be one of the first 3 versions of the CANT Z.1007bis Alcione. The first 3 had a traditional tail like the one above but the next 6 versions had a double vertical tail like the Lancaster and B-24 for an improved field of fire from the rear.

But again I am still not sure though. The bottom of the fuselage also looks different form 1007's that I have seen, but that also could be because of hte people standing around the area where there is a slight slant upwards in the fusulage underside.
 
Yeah I did not think that that was it.
 
Yes its the CANT Z.1015 with 1500hp engines and a top speed of ~350mph.

4157L.gif


What about this one then?
 
Yeah AS.14, highly promising ground attack variant of the RS.14. 8) Bit vague though because the AS.14 wasnt built.


Lanc, I dont think any Italian bombers (trimotors especially) had inlines :wink:
 
1018.jpg


This has inlines. I don't think any others did.

It is the Fiat AS.14 armed with a 45mm cannon and 7x12.7mm.


add32510.jpg


How about this?
 
Look like a Civilian aircraft instead Military Aircraft......

Might agree Cheddar about Caproni-Chiodi CH1....
 
It is the Caproni Chiodi CH.1, a bit easy because its written on the side. It was originally a competitor to the Fiat Cr.32 but delays meant that it was put into competition with the Cr.42. It crashed and was not repaired.

stipa_title.gif


Harder?
 
That is a Stipa-Caproni tubular fuselage monoplane.

There is a replica one flying in Australia!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back