Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Marcogrifo,
I didn't know aything about the small french monster either.....
By the way do you know anything about an engine called Denny OQ/2A built in the USA in 1941...I think it was a drone with contrarotating props?
Cheers
carson1934

By the way do you know anything about an engine called Denny OQ/2A built in the USA in 1941...I think it was a drone with contrarotating props?
Cheers
carson1934

See:

Radioplane OQ-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OQ-2 is the aircraft. The engine is by 'Righter'.[/QUOTE]

Hi AMCKen,
thanks very very much for your post this is going to be extremely useful for my thread. I'm sorry I used the word "engine" inconsiderately what I meant was a "contraption called Denny etc.."
carson1934

See:

Radioplane OQ-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OQ-2 is the aircraft. The engine is by 'Righter'.

Hi AMCKen,
thanks very very much for your post this is going to be extremely useful for my thread. I'm sorry I used the word "engine" inconsiderately what I meant was a "contraption called Denny etc.."
carson1934[/QUOTE]

S'allright. The Righter O-15 is a pretty small engine (15 cuin / 246cc) to have a contra-rotating propellor. One would think a lot of the 7hp would be used up in whatever kind of drive they used for the prop.

OK. This looks like fun. I dont know of many oddball aircraft, but this one. I had a little fun in Photoshop to give you guys a run for your money.

I had a feeling it would be easy for you guys. I was hoping to throw you off with the early model radial version.

Hi AMCKen,
carson1934

S'allright. The Righter O-15 is a pretty small engine (15 cuin / 246cc) to have a contra-rotating propellor. One would think a lot of the 7hp would be used up in whatever kind of drive they used for the prop.[/QUOTE]

Hi AMCKen
well it looks like the Righter 0-15 actually drove a contrarotating props at least according to Wiki
The OQ-2 was a simple aircraft, powered by a two-cylinder two-cycle piston engine, providing 6 horsepower (4.5 kW) and driving two contra-rotating propellers
Cheers carson1934

Not Israeli, this aircraft was built in a country that you wouldn't be surprised to see taking part in Eurovision, even though they never do very well

Hi Berserker,
it looks to me like an Israeli aircraft of which I can't find immediately a denomination but given a little time a might be able to find it...or am I totally wrong?
chttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8245/orbatarava.jpgarson1934

On second thought I don't think it is the Arava which has a more egg-shaped fuselage and the strut structure underneath the wings is different...is it a modification of the original Arava...or?
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread