Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I admit I really have no clue about that, carson :)

And now, my little mystery plane:

WEIRD_PLANE.png

Bassou FB.31
Was a light wooden construction pusher two-seater built in Paris by Sociète de Constructions et d'Aviation Légère, 1935 circa, only two built.

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
I didn't know aything about the small french monster either.....
By the way do you know anything about an engine called Denny OQ/2A built in the USA in 1941...I think it was a drone with contrarotating props?
Cheers
carson1934

By the way do you know anything about an engine called Denny OQ/2A built in the USA in 1941...I think it was a drone with contrarotating props?
Cheers
carson1934

See:

Radioplane OQ-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OQ-2 is the aircraft. The engine is by 'Righter'.[/QUOTE]

Hi AMCKen,
thanks very very much for your post this is going to be extremely useful for my thread. I'm sorry I used the word "engine" inconsiderately what I meant was a "contraption called Denny etc.."
carson1934:D:D:D

See:

Radioplane OQ-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OQ-2 is the aircraft. The engine is by 'Righter'.

Hi AMCKen,
thanks very very much for your post this is going to be extremely useful for my thread. I'm sorry I used the word "engine" inconsiderately what I meant was a "contraption called Denny etc.."
carson1934:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

S'allright. The Righter O-15 is a pretty small engine (15 cuin / 246cc) to have a contra-rotating propellor. One would think a lot of the 7hp would be used up in whatever kind of drive they used for the prop.

OK. This looks like fun. I dont know of many oddball aircraft, but this one. I had a little fun in Photoshop to give you guys a run for your money.

cheater.jpg

I had a feeling it would be easy for you guys. I was hoping to throw you off with the early model radial version.

OK. This looks like fun. I dont know of many oddball aircraft, but this one. I had a little fun in Photoshop to give you guys a run for your money.

cheater.jpg

Hi Gibbage,
good to make your acquaintance, AMCKen knew what it was but I have seldom seen such an ugly contraption!
carson1934:o:o

Hi AMCKen,
carson1934:D:D:D

S'allright. The Righter O-15 is a pretty small engine (15 cuin / 246cc) to have a contra-rotating propellor. One would think a lot of the 7hp would be used up in whatever kind of drive they used for the prop.[/QUOTE]

Hi AMCKen
well it looks like the Righter 0-15 actually drove a contrarotating props at least according to Wiki
The OQ-2 was a simple aircraft, powered by a two-cylinder two-cycle piston engine, providing 6 horsepower (4.5 kW) and driving two contra-rotating propellers
Cheers carson1934

Not Israeli, this aircraft was built in a country that you wouldn't be surprised to see taking part in Eurovision, even though they never do very well :)

Hi Berserker,
it looks to me like an Israeli aircraft of which I can't find immediately a denomination but given a little time a might be able to find it...or am I totally wrong?
chttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8245/orbatarava.jpgarson1934:?::?:

On second thought I don't think it is the Arava which has a more egg-shaped fuselage and the strut structure underneath the wings is different...is it a modification of the original Arava...or?
carson1934

Not Israeli, this aircraft was built in a country that you wouldn't be surprised to see taking part in Eurovision, even though they never do very well :)

You mean UK (no offense meant of course, I'm referring to Eurovision)?
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread

Back