Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More clue in underline

It newer played it's roll trou the whole WWII for the contry that created the plane but for other country it did.
The last of them used as a communication and meterological reconnaissance.
It normally carrried 2000 rounds of bullet.
Whit all the guns together it fired 80 rounds per sec.
carried no bombs.
It whas lighter, has shorter wingspan but nearly 1/3 times bigger wingarea and agiler than a Zero but no faster.
It whas faster and got nearly twice so bigger firepower than a A5M "Claude" bur whas heavier.
They produced nearly 750 of this plane and nearly 220 of it whent for export.
In the cold winter day's some where fitted whit skies.
It whas used against the japanese air force and the first score it did whas the A5M.
Power to weight ratio at maximum take off was around 5.86 lb/hk.
The 9 cylinder radional engine it used whas not over 25 litres and weighted little over 1000 lbs.
The early version used 2-blades woodproppeller and later version the Fairey-Reed metalproppeller.
Build whit 2 wingstag on each side.
Used hydralic manuvering trailing-edge flaps.
Landinggear of brackettype whit an internally-sprung wheel.
An enclosed cockpit.
Betveen 50 or 70 of them become as Carrier-version 1938 whit an increased emty-weight of 135 kg. Those carrier-plane where fitted whit automatic mixture controll, electric starter, Vokes air filter in the carburettor intake and a arrester hook.

Thanks Graeme, an interesting story. Would like to see the thing flying the course.

Regarding Grampa's quiz, here are my thoughts:

- must be a biplane (wingspan and wing area)
- built as a fighter (no bombs) but used as a trainer in it's home country (only 220 for export but not used for its original role in its own country)
- 4 machine guns (twice the A5M), probably Browning .303 (20 rps each would match)

Does anyone have an idea? I'm still stuck with the CW-21, maybe banging my head on the desk will help somewhat. :confused:

Krabat

Paaln, my congratulations.:!:

Grampa, don't call me a poor sport but the Gladiator was my very first thought. I dismissed it because of
It newer played it's roll trou the whole WWII for the contry that created the plane but for other country it did.

Either "never" or "not through the whole war", not both. It was just not clear enough, the Gladiator WAS used as an RAF fighter during the early stages of the war, though not through the whole war. So I think most of us dismissed the Glad for the same reason.

But a nice new idea for the quiz, I admit. Let's try another one. Paaln?

Sorry that I :confused3: you in wrong way. Well its because im a little :stoopyd: in languages because I havent been good in :study: english so i can :read2: well but im a little what you would fel :sign3: , so plz dont fel like im :notworthy: to your forum.
sorry for this.

No sweat, Grampa. No offence taken. English isn't my mother language either, I just wanted to explain why nobody of the others found out about the Glad.

I'm not offended and you're not stupid. And you're always welcome here. There ARE people with really stupid views in this forum (well, in my opinion at least :rolleyes: ) but you're definitely not one of them. And now let's forget the whole thing, right?:lol:

Krabat

Canadair CL-215

The yelow colour was a good hint. Didn't know that Heinemann was involved. Not really his kind of aircraft, looking at the "Scooter". :lol:

Krabat

plane.jpeg

well it looks like a good fither in the rigth hands

Mine from the previous page...

Too hard? Then try the full length version...

And since it is my 1,000th post, I must celebrate by throwing another six at you. Your time starts...now. (The only clue is 1964)

No. 2 looks like a Hercules, for the others - no idea yet. What's in it for the winner, Graeme? Some australian beer perhaps? :lol:

1 looks to me like the Curtis X-19. When I was a youngster, we often drove past Curtis-Wright's hangars at Caldwell-Wright field. I remember, one evening, seeing the X-19 and its smaller brother in the hangar.

Of the rest, the last looks like Hansa's reverse-sweep jet to me and 3 to be a Miles (Messenger?).

CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back