Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Um, I said a Wildcat (Quote: Kool Kitty)

Um, yes, sorry... was thinking about Wildcats and Hellcats and decided it was probably the latter...In which case I DISagreed with your comment - but you were right in the end! ...I'll just keep quiet and go back to my corner now...someone pass me another beer? :) :)

Hello pbfoot,

what makes you think that it might not be a Transall C-160. Could it be that you took these photos in May-June 2006?

The a/c color scheme on your photos indicates a French Transall C-160, and they had a couple of these during Maple Flag 2006 and 2005 at Cold Lake Air-Weapons-Range training with the 441 and 416 Tactical Fighter Squadron of 4 Wing. (I heard one of them is now called 409 Tactical Squadron?).

View attachment 62744

View attachment 62745

Regards
Kruska

took it about 2-4 weeks ago

Second try.

Fairey Flycatcher. Here's my model of it. About 24" span, Skatty motor, 360 squares at 17 oz.

CD

Attachments

• DSC00347.jpg
    DSC00347.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 84
Looks somewhat like a Bf 108, but the gear (inwar insteas of outward), the tail and rear canopy are wrong.

Also a little like the Bu 181

But it's got an air cooled inverted V (not a 4-6 cylinder inverted inline), either V-8, or V-12. Argus As 10, 410, 411, or Hirth Hm 508 or Hm 512.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back