Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, lets see if this lasts more then 5 minutes:

unknown10.jpg

This is danish and is being restored..what is it? (I know there are other challenges to be solved but I couldn't resist the temptation, this pic is soooo nice)
carson1934

Ok, lets see if this lasts more then 5 minutes:

unknown10.jpg

from Naval Aircraft Factory N-1

Naval Aircraft Factory N-1 US Navy

On January 24, 1918, the NAF received specifications and blueprints drawn up by the Bureau of Construction and Repair of the Navy for the Davis Gun Carrier. Initially three aircraft were ordered, BuNo. A-2282 to A-2284, however, the third was cancelled. Later designated N-1, this was the first airplane designed and built by the Navy for the attack role fitted with an 1.46 in (37 mm) Davis cannon in the nose.

The two-seat aircraft was powered by a 330 hp Liberty pusher engine, and the first aircraft was finished on May 22, 1918. Damaged in an accident before taking to the air, it was the second aircraft that was first flown on July 27, 1918. While two more were produced, BuNo. A-4341 and A-4342, another ten, BuNo. A-5030 to A-5039, were cancelled

Hi to anyone !
I'm kind of new to this thing . I'm a licensed pilot (private) with a instrument rating . I have a question , if anyone that saw the National Geographic episode about the Horten 229. Were the engineers of Northrup able to register the model that they built on radar ?

from Naval Aircraft Factory N-1

Naval Aircraft Factory N-1 US Navy

On January 24, 1918, the NAF received specifications and blueprints drawn up by the Bureau of Construction and Repair of the Navy for the Davis Gun Carrier. Initially three aircraft were ordered, BuNo. A-2282 to A-2284, however, the third was cancelled. Later designated N-1, this was the first airplane designed and built by the Navy for the attack role fitted with an 1.46 in (37 mm) Davis cannon in the nose.

The two-seat aircraft was powered by a 330 hp Liberty pusher engine, and the first aircraft was finished on May 22, 1918. Damaged in an accident before taking to the air, it was the second aircraft that was first flown on July 27, 1918. While two more were produced, BuNo. A-4341 and A-4342, another ten, BuNo. A-5030 to A-5039, were cancelled

This was a tough one vikingBerserker and thanks for the interesting comments. With my previous post I almost guessed the date (1914) but I was completely wrong about the nation.
Later I reckoned by looking at the uniformed chap that it might be north american ...but you can't solve challenges by dint of "if's" and "maybe's".
carson1934

Unlovely? I think she's purdy. Anyone know what the round hump thingy was on the top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back