Aircraft Mock-Ups

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

0ae8d4b68175646226e0928ab0707a31.jpg

Douglas Skypirate mockup (with turret)

F4D Approach Mockup Eval.png

Douglas F4D Skyray approach mockup eval.

Are you sure that's even an Me-329? The canopy looks like it reaches the nose. The "lectern" looks like it's a panel for the open space on the bottom of the aircraft.

Hi VB. The mock-up to the right is definitely the Me-329, but what we're after is to the left, below the Me-329 wing. I was thinking another Messerschmitt project - the P.1090...

??

Maybe.jpg

fa_1112_lockheedsst600.jpg

June 27, 1966: Three technicians walk on the left delta wing of a full-scale mockup of Lockheed supersonic transport that stretches 273 feet from nose to tail.

Graeme, I was digging around a little and came up with a few observations about that odd aircraft seen with the Me329.

First of all, what you proposed as being perhaps a lectern may be, in fact, part of the supporting structures for the Me329's wings. The entire mockup was held in place by quite a few poles and this may have given that impression.

The other thing of note, is the aircraft I was wondering about *may* be the Me265 which was being developed at the time the Me329 was being developed.

The Me265 was smaller although similar in configuration and both were being developed at Messerschmitt's facility in Oberammergau.

What do you think...is this on the right track?

me265-1.jpg

Nice bit of detective work Dave. :)
But I'm no expert in the field and someone who I thought would recognise this - has drawn a blank.
Frustrating to see so many photos of the Me-329 mock-up on the net - that don't capture this one from a different angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back