Aircraft models with your initials

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
One of these days I will build a 317 Squadron Spitfire with my initials D JH ( JH D ).

Has anyone here built "their" bird and if so do you have photos of the build.

Seeing Rochie's Spitfire with his daughter's initials got me to wondering.

Cheers

Jeff

Did two Spitfires with my daughters initials but were fictitious squadrons. Going to find proper squadron codes for them and then build other models with the right codes for their initials, American squadron if I recall.

did harry broadhurst's storch, just switched the intials so i would be mine BH instead of HB

I go for historical accuracy so unless I happened on an AJW somewhere it probably won't happen. I do plan on doing Spit iX AE-W but not for that reason.

I see no reason not to build a model with your initials. A fictitious squadron with your own personal code had you been there during that time can be great. Why must we insist on a model representing an actual aircraft all of the time? When I was in a model club one member would build and paint his models for what he called the "Alternate Universe". There members criticising him for not using recognizable military schemes, but that never deterred him.

Well, I have no idea how someone could bend to someone elses rule. Sounds a bit snobbish to me.
No one lookin over My shoulder to slap my hands.
Reno race planes have been doing That very thing for years.

Havent found WJ*D yet, but did a CV*"W" for the 3 Sqn Mustang IPMS build on purpose.
Have been going for Davidson pilots more than anything else.
There was a WD Sqn, but no WJ, or BD.

Build what floats your boat I say!!!!!!
It would be called a "what if".

I'm not criticizing, just stating my preference. What others do to gain as much enjoyment from the hobby as I do is their own business.

same here i will encourage anyone to build or paint how ever they want, it is up to them after all !

the serial number on mine may not be correct as no record can be found so it is an educated guess on my part after lots of research, but still not definate.

we had a similar issue a while back with some members getting all superior about us actually building plastic models because they had access to the real thing in the museums they worked in 1

whatever is good for the builder is good for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back