Alan Maitland narrates The Shepherd - Merry Christmas!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Mike. I heard this read on the CBC a few years ago and it held my attention right through as a well-narrated corker of a story should. Since I first heard it, I had lost the title but after a while I was able to dig it up.

I hope others give a listen to this gem.

Thanks for that Andy. It's well over thirty five years since I read the book, and haven't heard the story since. An enjoyable tale.

Bought the book when I was a kid on holiday in Jersey (that's the island not New Joisey!). I read the whole thing in one sitting, couldn't put it down...although it is a short volume. I've loved the story ever since and have read it many times. I still have that book and now my sons are reading it. Still sends shivers down my spine.

My annual bump. Go to the first post. The link still works.

Grab a drink, darken the lights, close your eyes, and listen......

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas 2018!!!

Grab your favourite beverage, darken the lights, click the link in the first post and enjoy!

This year's annual Christmas Eve broadcast of "The Shepherd" on CBC will feature an interview with RCAF Mosquito veteran George Stewart as well as an update on our RS700 restoration project. For those interested and who wish to catch it, it will be broadcast at 6:30pm Mountain Standard Time (-7 UTC) tomorrow night. If I can, I will post a link afterwards.

To all my friends here, I wish you and yours the best of the season and a most healthy and prosperous 2019!

Thanks Andy and to You and Yours and all on the Forum:
image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back