Alberta Military Model Show (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next up, Airfix Mk XII Spit, same one that was entered at the Western Canadian Regional.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 70
Nicely done model.
Criticisms? There were only two Squadrons equipped with the MkXII, for a relatively short period of time, so the weathering looks a little heavy, especially the panel lines (the aircraft were waxed and polished for extra 'Oomph').
Also, the only time any Mark of Spit had flaps lowered (apart from servicing needs) was on landing.
Still pretty good though.

You're welocme Aaron. A few more left and this thread's done.

Terry, I agree with your comments.

Visually, the only knock I have against that new Airfix kit is that the panel lines are far too prominent. If they took a lesson from Eduard on how to do surface detail, this would be a superb kit.

Next up, 1/48 Accurate Miniatures IL-2

Attachments

• IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 66
Rather nice overall -slight reservations about some of the panel lines, although the general weathering is well done.

Some great looking models in here! Shouldn't have shown my dad the Akagi, now he's wanting one! But at $300 that cooled him off of it. :lol: Loved that CF-18, would love to do one in 1/32 some day. And as for the Lysander, the V looks like it's got the remains of a P under it to me.

Wow. :shock: $300 for the Akagi. If I payed $300 for any model all I would do is lament all of my mistakes everytime I looked at it. I made my coffee table and two 7ft bookcases. I still do it to this day... "crap why did I do that this way!?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back