"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's more of the typical BS that we get from idiots like him. Note that his proposed use of nukes has a substantial caveat, "Imagine if the.. offensive, which is backed by NATO, was a success and they tore off a part of our land..." This is another example of the totally confused thinking in Moscow.

According to the Kremlin's position, the parts of Ukraine that were annexed by Russia are already part of Russian territory, including Donbas etc. Ukraine has already "torn off" some of those lands...so why hasn't Moscow already nuked Ukraine? The only logical answer is that, as we all understand, Moscow doesn't give a damn about Ukrainian territory. They only want it as a buffer between Mother Russia and those evil NATO hooligans. Thus, Medvedev's threat can only apply if Ukraine invades Russian territory.

That's my 2 penn'orth on Medvedev's latest ranting.

And their nukes may be in tha same shape as the rest of their military.

I'm not talking about the threat per se. Making statements like that in general are dangerous anytime you get two nuclear powers facing off.

all 12 Storm shadow had been shot down, no damage to bridge. Yeah .........

I'm not talking about the threat per se. Making statements like that in general are dangerous anytime you get two nuclear powers facing off.

Or 3 nuclear powers...remember the ideas being floated a year ago for Russia to fire hypersonic weapons at London to obliterate it? Again, more dangerous rhetoric that had zero action behind it. My worry is that one day we'll come up against a situation where there is substance behind the inflammatory rhetoric...and that we won't detect it because we so accustomed to toothless threats.

Agreed

I think Putin is definitely living in a fantasy world. One of the comments he made yesterday was that the Russian Navy would receive 30 new ships this year. I don't quite know where he is getting his ships from.
My estimate is that since 2000, the Russian navy has received about six to seven new ships each year, which on the face of it, is good going. However when you consider that approx 80 of the 159 ships weigh about 100 tons (52 patrol boats and 28 landing craft) it becomes less impressive.

The question is how can he ramp up from 6 to 30 ships a year, when on average half of the six weighed in at about 100 tons?

The answer is of course, he cannot. Ships cost money, demand resources, complex technology, plus of course people to build and man them, none of which he has to spare.

People in desperate situations tend to make desperate claims, and this is only one of many. It's one his Admirals know isn't achievable and this with the other comments we hear about what his senior officers think of him, isn't going to help him in any way

A small victory in a different arena

Ukrainian fencer Olga Kharlan has been handed a spot in the Olympics and had her World Championships ban lifted following her refusal to shake hands with Russian Anna Smirnova.
She was disqualified after offering her sabre to tap blades instead of shaking hands following her 15-7 win in Milan.

International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach wrote a letter to Kharlan saying the body would "allocate an additional quota place" to her if she could not qualify because of her "unique situation".

Meanwhile, the International Fencing Federation reinstated Kharlan at the championships, which will allow her to take part in the team competition

I have lost count of the number of times he has threatened to use nuclear weapons...

With about ninety to one hundred days until the first Ukrainian snowfall of autumn/winter 2023/2024, I think we must accept that Ukraine's anticipated big spring 2023 offensive where they retake Melitopol and/or reach the border with Crimea will occur in spring/summer 2024. Until then I envision that the ever-strengthening AFU will continue chipping away at Russia's defensive wall and conducting ever deeper PGM strikes against Russian logistics and command centres, while slowly yet consistently moving forward so that the AFU can overwinter closer to their 2024 objectives.

So, what do the opposing AFU and Russian forces look like when the Rasputitsa dries up in May/June 2024? Will Ukraine have ATACMS, Abrams and Vipers? NATO's production of artillery shells should be well up to speed. How about more mine clearing and breakthrough kit for Ukraine? And what of Russia? Presumably they'll spend the winter further constructing their defensive wall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread