"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So Russia first claims that they got the entire crew off the Moskva....then somehow they got the fire under control (without the crew)....then they put all the crew back onboard....and then the ship sinks losing all hands except 58 survivors. Am I tracking that correctly?

To add further evidence that Russia's account is nonsense, the Kremlin claimed that Moskva was not hit by Ukrainian missiles but instead suffered a fire. However, overnight, Russia attacked a Ukrainian missile facility in Kyiv that was responsible for cruise missiles and, crucially, anti-ship missiles:

The Russian defence ministry says it has carried out missile strikes targeting Ukraine's capital, Kyiv, warning that attacks like this will intensify in retaliation for what it called Ukrainian "terror attacks" or "acts of sabotage" in Russia.

Russia says its sea-based cruise missiles struck a factory in the city overnight, which produces air-defence systems and anti-ship missiles.

As a result, the plant's "workshops for the production and repair of long-range and medium-range anti-aircraft missile systems, as well as anti-ship missiles, were destroyed", the ministry added in a statement published on its Telegram channel.

On Thursday, Russia accused Ukraine of sending helicopters across the border to attack several Russian towns.

The BBC is unable to verify these claims from Moscow.

Yeah...the whole "fire onboard" story is ENTIRELY plausible...NOT!!!!

The Ukrainian Ministry of Defence is also mocking the Russian Navy....made me LOL!

I love how Russia thinks its ok to invade another country but when said country defends itself it is "terror attacks."

They will retaliate against Ukraine defending itself. :lol: Putler and his pathetic brainwashed cronies are such a joke. Hitler and the Nazi's would be proud. Göbbels certainly approves.

Either the Moskva was lost because of spontaneous fires (hah!) or she was hit by a missile. Were I the Russians, I'd find the former worse than a combat loss. Some other ship might spontaneously burst into flames anywhere in the world.

---

I also saw this on a BBC news feed: "A furious ex-MP, Vladimir Bortko, said the sinking of the Moskva was grounds for war": Russian warship: Moskva sinks in Black Sea.
Apparently, he hasn't noticed that invading a country, which Russia is doing to Ukraine, is war.

Either the Moskva was lost because of spontaneous fires (hah!) or she was hit by a missile. Were I the Russians, I'd find the former worse than a combat loss. Some other ship might spontaneously burst into flames anywhere in the world.

---

I also saw this on a BBC news feed: "A furious ex-MP, Vladimir Bortko, said the sinking of the Moskva was grounds for war": Russian warship: Moskva sinks in Black Sea.
Apparently, he hasn't noticed that invading a country, which Russia is doing to Ukraine, is war.

The Russians are a joke. They really are. I know its a propaganda game, but damn they sound ridiculously stupid.

How can anyone take them seriously anymore?

It reminds me of the Iraqi Minister of Media and Foreign Affairs Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf during the Iraq war:

"There are no bombs falling on Baghdad. It is all American lies!"

*Explosions heard in background. Smoke rising in the distance.

"There are no American troops in Baghdad! We have beaten back the infidel invaders and defeated them on the battlefield."

*Meanwhile an American M1 Abrams tank rolls by in the background and destroys a T-72.

Did all these guys graduate from the Joseph Göbbels school of talking to the media. As long as they are consulting with Tucker I guess… ;)

Ouch. I thought there were reports of ~50 being rescued by Turkey?
Be it 15 or 50 survivors, it all points to a sudden and catastrophic explosion, which can only have come from a missile strike.

The Russian version of a fire, which set of a magazine would have taken time to develop, and time would have enabled more of the crew to escape.

It has really touched a nerve with Putin supporters now saying that this incident proves that Russia is now fighting NATO in practical terms if not the formal organisation. This is of course rubbish and the missiles used in the attack were designed and built by Ukraine. The amount of heavy equipment given to the Ukraine forces has been minimal compared to the resources in the fighting and what has been given is often older out of date equipment such as the M113 APC which have just been promised.

The Russians are a joke. They really are. I know its a propaganda game, but damn they sound ridiculously stupid.

How can anyone take them seriously anymore?

It reminds me of the Iraqi Minister of Media and Foreign Affairs Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf during the Iraq war:

"There are no bombs falling on Baghdad. It is all American lies!"

*Explosions heard in background. Smoke rising in the distance.

"There are no American troops in Baghdad! We have beaten back the infidel invaders and defeated them on the battlefield."

*Meanwhile an American M1 Abrams tank rolls by in the background and destroys a T-72.

Did all these guys graduate from the Joseph Göbbels school of talking to the media. As long as they are consulting with Tucker I guess… ;)
I'm always reminded of the conversation that took place in early 1941 in Berlin before Germany attacked Russia. The Russian ambassador and Russian Minister were in Berlin and there was an air raid in progress. The Russian minister turned to the German politician and asked why if everything was going so well, why were they in the bomb shelter and not the British?

It has really touched a nerve with Putin supporters now saying that this incident proves that Russia is now fighting NATO in practical terms if not the formal organisation.
They don't seem to understand that *if* Russia were actually fighting NATO, they would know immediately without question.

This all spins back to the schoolyard bully crying when it's victim stands up to him and gives him a black eye.

ETA: I found this pic of the ship under tow, before it sank:

VtCNoGo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back