"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is always fun to see the Russian propaganda machine at work.

It's true that our aid is being taken from active stockpiles, and that we'll spend a bit of time and money replacing them. After all, we only produce about 1,000 Javelins/year, and we've given the Ukrainians how many?

But we have the luxury of distance, so this seems like a good calculated risk.

It's true that our aid is being taken from active stockpiles, and that we'll spend a bit of time and money replacing them. After all, we only produce about 1,000 Javelins/year, and we've given the Ukrainians how many?
I imagine the US and European manufacturers are working extra shifts to replace what's been shipped. They'll gladly take the taxpayer funds. Just like wars before, a lot of industrialists are going to get rich from this one.

1650068861534.png

A copy/repost is available there:
This is a good test of the US weapons supply chain. A full on NATO-involved war in the ETO will need more than ten times whatever Ukraine is consuming in MANPATS and MANPADS. Better to know now than later that expedited yet limited (from a world war POV) use stresses replacement rates.

Last edited:
A copy/repost is available there:
Ok - reading through this quickly, I see some issues...

I see no references indicating that there will be shortages of any kind, no comments from any US officials, nothing from "official" sources. It's obvious that the supply of these weapons can't last forever but it seems this piece is more speculation than fact.

Now it's funny - About 21 years ago a former employer did some munition testing for bomb stockpiles that were stored at China Lake, CA. These were 500 pound free fall bombs that pre-dated Vietnam! A sample was taken from the stockpile and dropped at the ordnance range at Edwards AFB. These bombs worked at advertised and there were still plenty left!

This is a good test of the US weapons supply chain. A full on NATO-involved war in the ETO will need more than ten times whatever Ukraine is consuming in MANPATS and MANPADS. Better to know now than later that expedited yet limited (from a world war POV) use stresses replacement rates.
Looks like this was from "Sputnik News" :-k

Ok - reading through this quickly, I see some issues...

I see no references indicating that there will be shortages of any kind, no comments from any US officials, nothing from "official" sources. It's obvious that the supply of these weapons can't last forever but it seems this piece is more speculation than fact.

Now it's funny - About 21 years ago a former employer did some munition testing for bomb stockpiles that were stored at China Lake, CA. These were 500 pound free fall bombs that pre-dated Vietnam! A sample was taken from the stockpile and dropped at the ordnance range at Edwards AFB. These bombs worked at advertised and there were still plenty left!

And now we are converting free fall bombs to smart bombs.

Looks like this was from "Sputnik News" :-k

I am reminded of Jay Leno's Dorito snack commercials. Don't worry. We'll make more.

When I was at NWS Seal Beach in the late 70's, the EOD guys were in the process of going through WWII ordnance, some slated for disposal and some were diverted to practice area storage (most likely shipped to China Lake and Yuma).
Those acres and acres of bunkers held everything from .45 ammunition to 16" shells, bombs and so on.
The station also still had it's munition assembly buildings, though they hadn't been used in decades and were full of office furniture and mess tables, but it could be put back into service easily enough.

I'm also pretty sure that the material we've provided to the Ukraine so far, hasn't put a dent in our stockpiles, stored either in depots or on base across the U.S. or overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back