"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If the Ukrainians have the manpower, I wouldn't be surprised to see a thrust south to split Kherson and Mariupol in order to isolate the Russians in the south. But I don't know if the Ukrainians are strong enough to do that.
I believe that the Ukrainians aren't in a hurry. Just wear the orcs down. No re-supply and it's getting colder. Then do exactly you what said. Why get your guys killed needlessly. It's almost like Guadalcanal ('Starvation Island") for the Russians and the orcs aren't quite as dedicated.

The Ukrainians are using the "water principle": water follows the path of least resistance, flowing around obstacles, encircling them in the process.
Clear the land, surround the urban areas, cut off the Russian's supply and keep moving.
General Patton and Field Marshal Rommel would be damned proud of these guys (and gals) and even Guderian would be giving a nod of approval.

This is textbook material right here.

I believe that the Ukrainians aren't in a hurry. Just wear the orcs down. No re-supply and it's getting colder. Then do exactly you what said. Why get your guys killed needlessly. It's almost like Guadalcanal ('Starvation Island") for the Russians and the orcs aren't quite as dedicated.

To my mind it's about splitting up the Russians in order to enable defeat in detail. Isolating the Russians on the south coast has to be an imperative of the campaign. The continued slugging towards Kherson has that aim too, but it's in an area where advances are really hard to get rolling. But if you can deliver a similar thrust as what happened northeast -- hitting where they ain't -- then you've got thousands of Russians on the thin end of the branch and you can saw away. You can also emplace missiles to further restrict Russian naval ops based upon Crimea.

The lead element of the Russian counter attack, Private Ivan Youseff of the 55th Mechanized Division in the lead.
Hobbies include trying to remember what he had for breakfast and trying to remember what he had for breakfast.

1664540090471.png

ZAPORIZHZHIA, Ukraine, Sept 30 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin proclaimed Russia's annexation of a swath of Ukraine on Friday in a speech at the Kremlin but the event was overshadowed by one of Russia's worst battlefield defeats of the war, with one of its main garrisons surrounded.

[...]

It comes as Russian forces have faced setbacks on the battlefield, with one of the worst so far looming even as Putin spoke. Pro-Russian officials acknowledged that Russian troops were on the verge of encirclement in Lyman, their main garrison in the north of Donetsk province.

Defeat there could open the way for Ukraine to recapture swathes of the territory that Putin has now declared to be part of Russia.

[...]

The encirclment of Russia's garrison at Lyman leaves Ukrainian forces an open path to seize more territory in Luhansk and Donetsk provinces, captured earlier in some of the war's bitterest fighting.

[...]

"All the approaches and logistic routes of the enemy, through which they delivered ammunition and manpower, are in fact under fire control" of the Ukrainian army, said Serhii Cherevatyi, a spokesperson Ukrainian troops in the east.

Ukrainian lawmaker Oleksiy Goncharenko tweeted: "Lyman is surrounded! The Ukrainian army is already in Yampil. The Russian army is trying to escape."

It's nice and well to claim a piece of land, but it's all just words if you cannot hold it.

Not going to lie. Brought a tear to my eye, especially because of the children.

Vladolf Putler must be stopped and held accountable.

And I also hurt for the children of the Russian soldiers sent to die in Ukraine. They too are victims of this tyrannical regime and so many now will grow up without a father.

The big question is what the cornered dog does now that he's annexed the eastern regions and laid the groundwork for WMD retaliation if "attacked". That, and how the west will respond in such an event.

It should not matter that he annexed them. The eastern regions were taken by violent force and are still Ukrainian by law.

The big question is what the cornered dog does now that he's annexed the eastern regions and laid the groundwork for WMD retaliation if "attacked". That, and how the west will respond in such an event.
Now's the time for some level headed power broker to initiate regime change. Ol' Vlad needs a career change, like maybe integrity testing of a padded cell, or perhaps subterranean fertilizing of daisies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back