"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Some 74% of Americans - including solid majorities of Republicans and Democrats - said the United States and its allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization should impose a no-fly zone in Ukraine, the poll found"

I hope that those "solid majorities" will be heard.

Dimlee, I truly understand your sentiment, and I wish we could, however a no fly zone would end up being a disaster. You have to remember that there are approx 11,000 warheads pointed at each other.

SMH.

Just another day.
Another helicopter, another Su.
Two pilots, one survived. The aircraft crashed in the residential area with 3 bombs unexploded, probably FAB-500.

The pilot who survived was one very lucky person. The missile hit head on and it hit the ground with some force

In 4 years Trump convinced Germany to raise the defence budget from 1.2% to 1.4%, in 4 days Putin convinced them to raise it to 2%.
I wonder what Germany's defence priorities will be? The Luftwaffe's combat fleet has 140 Eurofighters and 100 Tornado IDS. I'm surprised they have no attack helicopters like the Apache or Italy's Agusta A129 Mangusta.

Perhaps Germany will order the F-35 and Apache….

More German news, one of the architects of Germany's dependence on Russian oil and gas is making the news…

I think when this is over Germany and much of Europe will have a much reduced dependence on Russian oil and gas.

I wonder what Germany's defence priorities will be? The Luftwaffe's combat fleet has 140 Eurofighters and 100 Tornado IDS. I'm surprised they have no attack helicopters like the Apache or Italy's Agusta A129 Mangusta.

Ever heard of the Tiger?
I really hope they don't buy this F-35, they should either develop something with France (and other european partners) or get an upgrade version of Eurofighter/Rafale.

Yeah, and stealing land from your neighbors is the very definition of "banditry."

J4RufvK.jpg

Ever heard of the Tiger?
No, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I'd forgotten that the army has its own aviation wing.

If Germany tries to develop a fighter with France it won't enter service until the mid 2030s. It's either American or the Eurofighter. How about the F-15E Strike Eagle? Still in production and very lethal.

I suspect they will purchase the Apache.

No, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I'd forgotten that the army has its own aviation wing.

If Germany tries to develop a fighter with France it won't enter service until the mid 2030s. It's either American or the Eurofighter. How about the F-15E Strike Eagle? Still in production and very lethal.

The F-15E is no longer being built. My office (when I go in) is just upstairs from the assembly line. The current line is the XE.

It would be a great stop gap aircraft until their own 6th Gen is developed if they choose to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back