"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CR, Perhaps you mean not the one the sanctions were supposed to produce. Some may be looking forward to regime change in our western democracies. That's what opposition parties do. Otherwise, they're not really opposition parties, are they?

Not sure I agree with your premise, Greg. An opposition party can have a very different political perspective but can still support the structures, checks and balances by which political authority is exercised. IMHO, regime change goes somewhat further than that by trying to eradicate those established structures, checks and balances or replace them with something fundamentally different.

Voting Democratic or Republican may feel like regime change in the US but, in reality, it's not. Swapping American democratic values for autocracy where the rule of law is removed, along with freedom of speech and freedom of the press...that would constitute regime change.

What's the point of armour on Russian tanks? MAPATS seem to slice right through them. NATO introduced HEAT-resistant Chobham laminated composite tank armour thirty years ago - where's the Russian equivalent?
Where to start?

Since the T-64, the Soviet tank designs had a form of composite armor. Quoting the Wiki "The first widespread use of a composite armour appears to have been on the Soviet T-64. It used an armour known as Combination K, which apparently is glass-reinforced plastic sandwiched between inner and outer steel layers. Through a mechanism called thixotropy, the resin changes to a fluid under constant pressure, allowing the armour to be moulded into curved shapes. Later models of the T-64, along with newer designs, used a boron carbide-filled resin aggregate for greatly improved protection. The Soviets also invested heavily in reactive armour, which allowed them some ability to control quality, even after production." Composite armour - Wikipedia

This gave the T-64 and T-72 good protection against older HEAT, HEP & APDS rounds. The 105mm L7/M68 was thought to be especially weak against them though we have learned better since. It does not stand up well to APFSDS, especially DU, rounds. The ERA was supposed to help with ATGMs and other hand held weapons. During the 2nd Chechen war, the T-90 was essentially invulnerable to the RPG-7 that had chewed up the T-80. However, tandem warheads seem to be able to defeat this protection as we are seeing in Ukriane where it is not as effective as expected and, for example, the Javelin has a 93% kill ratio against all of the Russian tanks currently employed.

I read today that the Russians offered oil at a reduced price and no one bought it. So Putin and friends must be hurting some. I also no longer have anything to do with one of my internet "friends" because he supports Putin. He made the stupid claim that Putin is a Christian leader fighting for good Russian morals and values against an un-Christian goverment. I can't brook such stupidity from anyone. Just because Zelensky is Jewish doesn't justify Putin.

I read today that the Russians offered oil at a reduced price and no one bought it. So Putin and friends must be hurting some. I also no longer have anything to do with one of my internet "friends" because he supports Putin. He made the stupid claim that Putin is a Christian leader fighting for good Russian morals and values against an un-Christian goverment. I can't brook such stupidity from anyone. Just because Zelensky is Jewish doesn't justify Putin.
Wow. Putin a Christian leader? I generally don't begrudge anyone's religious beliefs, but that is out there.

Update from the BBC - Russia announces humanitarian corridors to 2 cities in Ukraine:

Russia's defence ministry says humanitarian corridors will open at 10:00 Moscow time (07:00GMT) on Saturday from the cities of Mariupol and Volnovakha.

A "regime of quietness" will be implemented for the civilian population to leave the cities and has been agreed with the Ukrainian authorities, the defence ministry said according to Russian media.

However, we haven't seen any confirmation from the Ukrainian side as yet.

Earlier, Mariupol's mayor Vadym Boichenko called for a humanitarian corridor amid an ongoing blockade and what he has called "ruthless attacks" by Russian troops.

So how about this? Fast forward 6 months. Ukraine has fallen after much destruction and casualties on both sides. Zelenski is dead, a puppet government has been installed, and an oppressive police state exists that is brutally cracking down on all Ukraine resistance. NATO never got involved as there has been no incursion into other European arenas. Western sanctions remain in place and have been "maxxed out" to the extent that no further actions are possible.

what i fear will happen

Vladimir Putin will decide your fate.

Don't look surprised in the shadow of the mushroom cloud.

Nuclear war is only one of many scenario but it fits the available facts.
Wow, I guess you are quite fun at parties.

I still believe Putin does this
C34C4D8D-BB6D-449F-A35C-475590101146.gif

Funny saw route of Tokyo to London flight.

They have to fly over Alaska and Greenland in a big circle to avoid flying over Russian Federation.

Impossible with Earth being flat obviously but they use magic.

Adds 3 hours but the upside is you don't take a Buk to the face.

Unless NATO backs down to prevent Nuclear War. Unlikely, but who is who is more likely to not back down because he has less to lose?

You seem to think that 40 mile convoy is the entire Russian military. The vast majority of his forces (better equipped and trained regulars) are held in reserve incase NATO enters. All of that is backed with 6000 nuclear warheads and a madman who cannot back down
just consider situation that against ukraine has been used best what russia have - just consider fact that VDV are counted in russia as a superelite forces, the same is for Taman and Kantemirovska divisions - this two practically destroyed and remainings withdrown from combat

I finally responded one last time to internet "friend" I know that he will be angered but then why give a fecal dropping about that? I gave him a small background history lesson about Stalin and Hitler's religious up bringing and Putin's Soviet background. I told him that his view meant that Hitler should be canonized and proclaimed Saint Adolf of Berlin. Putin or Hitler, what's the difference?

Ok what the problem.

Russia has big army and does spend big money on defence.

But that money is on nuclear and navy so problem is Kyiv is not designed for submarines.

So the majority of your budget is not going where it needs to be right now.

Second is corruption which is the issue as corruption is pretty much everything. And if the big guy is corrupt then nothing wrong with the little guy wetting his beak.

So on paper there maybe a lotta Gasolina but only on paper as it was either not bought or sold on. The money has disappear into the ether.

So kinda obvious maybe that things are not working out.

"Some 74% of Americans - including solid majorities of Republicans and Democrats - said the United States and its allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization should impose a no-fly zone in Ukraine, the poll found"

I hope that those "solid majorities" will be heard.

Just another day.
Another helicopter, another Su.
Two pilots, one survived. The aircraft crashed in the residential area with 3 bombs unexploded, probably FAB-500.

Last edited:
Update from the BBC - Russia announces humanitarian corridors to 2 cities in Ukraine:

Russia's defence ministry says humanitarian corridors will open at 10:00 Moscow time (07:00GMT) on Saturday from the cities of Mariupol and Volnovakha.

A "regime of quietness" will be implemented for the civilian population to leave the cities and has been agreed with the Ukrainian authorities, the defence ministry said according to Russian media.

However, we haven't seen any confirmation from the Ukrainian side as yet.

Earlier, Mariupol's mayor Vadym Boichenko called for a humanitarian corridor amid an ongoing blockade and what he has called "ruthless attacks" by Russian troops.
Mariupol corridor was shut down, unfortunately.

"Some 74% of Americans - including solid majorities of Republicans and Democrats - said the United States and its allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization should impose a no-fly zone in Ukraine, the poll found"

I hope that those "solid majorities" will be heard.
The problem is, it's also a major risk of fatal escalation what we are risking here. Once there, there will be no turning back.

One thing that annoys me is that also on our side the worst of humanity surfaces. It seems that quite regularly only 'white" Ukrainian refugees are welcome and not for instance African students that want to flee.
We can see it here in the NL as well. We welcome these Ukrainians with open arms (and rightfully so) but that was very different last year when all our helpers from Afghanistan wanted to come here after our self made debacle there and everybody here was angry. The double moral annoys the hell out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Sisu
Back