"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gents,

I'm trying to stay out of the political side of this, and I certainly want to see the Ukraine supported militarily, however I would point out two things in response to some of the heavily political post recently shared here:

The Ukraine has a long history of corruption, including spending major money to influence American politicians. While we must support them militarily, that doesn't mean that we should simply shovel money at the problem. We should be certain that we're supporting the military without seeing too much siphoned off for other interests. If we send American weapons, are we funding replenishment of our own military.

Second, some of those crying most loudly are the same folks who sent blankets when the Russians stole Crimea. Why would the Russians have expected anything different from us when those same folks returned to power in this country.

No matter how outragious some of our Republican, Democrat, or Independent leaders are, once they become the subject of ridicule on this group I consider it a violation of the no politics rule. Someone, somewhere disagrees, even if it isn't me.

Cheers,

Dana

I'm wondering if the carrier will come with a new ocean-going tug when it returns to service in 2024...
It will not return to service.

Defense budged is already being sucked by Ukraine war. And, when the war ends, Russia will need at least a decade to just rebuild its armed forces, where a shitty carrier that needs to be constantly accompanied by several Tugs won't be a priority. Not to mention Russia's economy will be badly hurt.

Nope, Admiral Kuznetsov will rot in it's shipyard only to be eventually scraped 10 years from now.

The Ukraine has a long history of corruption
The Russian invasion in 2014 is a direct result of Ukraine ousting corrupt politicians, clamping down on corruption itself and striving for a more western based democracy.

This is the core of what's going on today - Russia is angry that Ukraine is no longer a corrupt puppet of the Kremlin and intends to bring Ukraine back into the fold.

There has been no violation of the no politics rule. There is a specific type of political talk we do not allow. Everything about the war is political, should we also stop talking about WW2 too? It has politics written all over it.

Let's also be honest. If the "offending posts" were about people on the other side of the aisle, the people complaining would either "agree" or be quiet. And that is 100% fact. Let's not kid ourselves here. It works both ways.

The posts I assume that are offending, were not political, but rather about the specific act they were doing during a speech by a world leader directly related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. That is what we are discussing in this thread right?

There were also some posts about the people that think Putin is just in his war. Some say its because they are naive and young (Maybe). Those particular people also tend to watch a lot of Comrade Carlson (Thats not political either, he is simply a douche).

None of the posts were about a political party or its ideology, or about any policy and its merit. Nor where they attacking a party or its policies. The politics being discussed, however, do pertain directly to the war. Since we stated over and over we have EASED the no-politics rule so that this conflict can be discussed, what is the big deal?

Now having said that…

EVERYONE SHOULD BE FULLY AWARE OF THE TYPE OF POLITICAL DISCUSSION THAT IS NOT ALLOWED. AND THIS TYPE OF POLITICAL DISCUSSION IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BY ANYONE. MODERATING STAFF INCLUDED.

(The All Caps was not me yelling at anyone, just emphasizing the intent of the No Politics Rule.)

As long as that political discussion is not taking place, what is the problem? It's too easy just to scroll past posts you don't like anyhow (Hint to one member who keeps reporting every single post he does not like. Even ones in the Joke thread. You know who you are. :D ) That's the problem with this world today, you can't say anything without fear of someone being offended. And that goes for everyone.

Lighten up, and lets enjoy conversing different views without being overly political and insulting. Life's too short my friends.

Edit: I did comment on the type of people that would elect a child molester and sex trafficker. I guess that was pretty close to being to political. I'll refrain from that going forward, however, the point still stands character wise. ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't peace with an armed burglar, either. I'd want an ambulance or hearse for him.

He can have peace if he wants it. The fact his troops are still there invading, the fact that his missiles are still aimed at freezing Ukrainian civilians to death, tells everyone in the world how strongly he desires peace. If he wants peace, all he has to do is stop making war.

Fuck Putin. Maybe the next tsar won't be so sanguine about seeking military glory for the sake of history. Putin, his tombstone is already written, and his place in history is now carved in stone, as a murderer and the leader who ruined the Russian state. I believe that is what will come from this after the Ukrainian victory.

Agreed. Vladolf Putler can have peace once he removes all Russian troops from Ukrainian lands. Until then he can pack sand.

Quote from article: "Especially striking on Wednesday night was the sight of members of both the Republican and Democratic parties rising to enthusiastically cheer the Ukrainian president as he spoke in confident, assertive English."

Now what will be disturbing to see is if some of these same then vote to try to cut support as they have been threatening to do.

I'll not go into how I read the tea leaves here in America, by dint of the rules of the forum, but suffice it to say that the "let's not support the Ukrainians" element is smaller than our media makes it seem. I think they're only getting headlines precisely because their view is pretty unpopular.

Last edited:
I go into how I read the tea leaves here by dint of the rules, but suffice it to say that the "let's not support the Ukrainians" element is smaller than our media makes it seem. I think they're only getting headlines precisely because their view is pretty unpopular.

I agree. I think these people are a vast minority, but they happen to be pretty loud. Additionally since their "opinion" is an unpopular one, it attracts a lot of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back