"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CrimeaRiver said:
That's why I was questioning it and wonder if your quoted 12600 barrels per month should be in thousands.

Bottom line is that Russian imports to the US amounted to about 5% so banning imports is manageable. That's why Canada banned them last week. Imports are negligible. Unfortunately the EU is not in the same position.

It appears to be a misreading on my part, and I appreciate the correction.

If Putin keeps this up he'll end up with a nuclear armed Japan on its western border. China will do a face palm "thanks a lot Putin" at that point.

There's no fuzzy middle in this new world order it seems.

Something else from Russia:

1646792518176.png

Ukraine wanted to remain neutral as well.

Romania, as a member of NATO cannot provoke a war with Russia as a means to protect Moldova.
Member nations of NATO remain sovereign and can act independently of NATO.

Recently, Turkey and Russia clashed in the Syrian war and didn't draw down a NATO response.

Something else from Russia:

View attachment 660644
They've also been marking Russian equipment with a "V", too.

I thought it was a form of an identifier to tell Russian and Ukrainian equipment apart - sort of like invasion stripes.

Or they are moving to a training exercise in Canada? :D
You're right.

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I wonder if perhaps an effective strategy/weapon would be saturating some of these cities with snipers at this rage of the "game"? The effect on morale might be considerable.

Edit: "rage" I meant "stage"…or did I mean "rage"?

Jim
Hmmm! Found this in the NYT:

"Lieutenant Yarantsev, the Ukrainian officer, commands what he described as a mobile group of about 500 soldiers who are skirmishing with the Russians on the western approach to Kyiv. He said that their prospects were bolstered three days ago when they received Barrett 50-caliber sniper rifles in a shipment from the United States.

Sleek and black, with barrels so long they look almost like spears, the rifles were being unpacked and inspected. One sniper, who declined to offer his name, said he had fired one in combat on the outskirts of Kyiv."

Jim

Last edited:
Bit of a difference between a .50 cal and a slingshot...and, frankly, you don't need a .50 cal for hunting deer (unless you want to render the animal right when you shoot it).
Hitting any game with a .50 cal. would leave nothing but a big stain and stuff that resembled hamburger. :D

But we should perhaps get back onto the much more important issues that's going on with the folks in the Ukraine - my fault for the thread drift :thumbleft:

Does the EU have a mutual-defense clause along the lines of the NATO pact?
There had been conversations about it for long time (as usually in the EU), I think from the time of the balcan wars, in order to create a kind of QRF to intervene in areas of interes for the EU but not for the USA.

But so far there is nothing like NATO, only some ad hoc missions like Barkhane in the Sahel or Atalanta to fight somali pirates.

Last edited:
Eric Melrose "Winkle" Brown

On 24 February 2015 Brown delivered the University of Edinburgh Mountbatten Lecture, entitled "Britain's Defence in the Near Future".[71] Speaking at the Playfair Library, he warned: "They [the Russians] are playing a very dangerous game of chess. ... They are playing it to the hilt. It may develop into that. It is certainly showing the same signs as what caused the Cold War."[72]

Guys there is still a politics rule in place. We are just amending it (more to follow). Political discussion that has nothing to do with the current topic (whatever it may be), is still not allowed.

Gun laws (its political no matter how you look at it) has zilch to do with the invasion of Ukraine. Besides it only opens other doors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back