"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coincidentally, the banner on CBC New Network just now shows no apparent concern - yet. I've not been able to verify the banner statement.

20220309_081725.jpg

Does this mean these plants aren't designed with a "fail safe" mode where it automatically switches to a low power setting making just enough power to handle its own operating needs? Unbelievable!! Downright criminal!!

Without electricity to power the control rods, I'd imagine that's a tall ask. It may be that they can shut it down completely, but I'm not sure about that.

In regards to the Polish MiG-29s, as has happened before since it was first proposed to supply the Ukraine with NATO MiGs last month, the announcements in the media have to be played down so it doesn't toss gasoline on the fire.

Remember the original announcement was officially retracted, then it surfaced again with an official "no" from Poland and now, here we are again with the MiGs in the media and now the U.S. is saying no.

I will lay money on the fact that the Ukraine will end up with them, but it will be on the down low with the jets being prepped and readied and then towed across a remote border crossing by "farmers" and then using that same highway, off they go by UAF pilot who "just happened to be nearby".

If this is true, then we definitely need war crimes trials once this debacle is all over:

Russia has destroyed a children's hospital in the besieged port city of Mariupol in the south-east of Ukraine, the city council says.

In a statement issued on Facebook, officials say that "Russian occupying forces have dropped several bombs on the children's hospital. The destruction is colossal".

Council officials added that they do not yet know exact casualty numbers.

"The maternity ward in the city centre, the children's ward and the therapy ward at the hospital - all destroyed in a Russian air raid on Mariupol," the head of the regional military administration, Pavlo Kyrylenko, said in a Facebook video.

He added that those wounded in the strike are being evacuated to the nearest hospital.

The BBC cannot independently verify the allegations, but a local MP, Dmytro Gurin, repeated the claims during an interview with the corporation.

I will lay money on the fact that the Ukraine will end up with them, but it will be on the down low with the jets being prepped and readied and then towed across a remote border crossing by "farmers" and then using that same highway, off they go by UAF pilot who "just happened to be nearby".

I sure hope you're right.

Given that the alleged nuclear alert Putin announced never materialized, I wonder how serious he can be about his threats.

I sure hope you're right.

Given that the alleged nuclear alert Putin announced never materialized, I wonder how serious he can be about his threats.
Not sure about empty nuke threats - creating a Chernoble V2.0 is a form of nuclear attack, sort of like one big-ass dirty bomb.
Problem is, his own forces are going to get smothered in the fallout, too...

Problem is, his own forces are going to get smothered in the fallout, too...

Like Putin gives a damn about his own forces?

Given his nature, he probably blames the Russian military for their failure to subdue Ukraine. It's not too far a stretch that he could enact a dirty bomb as retribution not only against Ukraine but also against his own soldiers who failed him.

Like Putin gives a damn about his own forces?

Given his nature, he probably blames the Russian military for their failure to subdue Ukraine. It's not too far a stretch that he could enact a dirty bomb as retribution not only against Ukraine but also against his own soldiers who failed him.

He'll just call them "Heroes of Russia" and tell their mothers, wives, and children to piss off. Putin is a criminal and the sooner his people figure it out the better off they are.

Last edited:
... and this just came up in my feed:

Poland said on Wednesday that it wants to work with NATO countries to send fighter jets to Ukraine one day after the U.S. rejected Poland's proposal.

"Such a serious decision as supplying planes must be unanimous and unequivocally made by the whole North Atlantic alliance," Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said at a press conference, Reuters reported.

On Tuesday, Poland proposed transferring its MiG-29 jets to U.S. Ramstein Air Base in Germany so the fighters could be sent to Ukraine.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has been pleading with Western countries to supply the jets to help in his nation fight against Russia.

The Polish proposal, which was not discussed with the U.S. before becoming public, was rejected by Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby later Tuesday.

That's a fair point about NATO approval, but I don't doubt that'll scupper the idea. :(
do you really believe that such things haven't been discussed between US an Poland before press release??

Just throwing this out there...I did some googling of hospitals in Mariupol. The video footage that's been release of the children's hospital tallies with this location:

1646842825173.png

The video footage of the destroyed buildings was taken in the central area of the inverted-U of buildings in the top left corner (buildings 66, 68, and 70) towards the top left corner of the satellite image. That inverted U-shaped set of buildings is not labelled as a children's hospital but many other buildings around there are clearly labelled as hospital facilities.

Just sharing for what it's worth.

nuclear power pant are designed fail safe for a case of power lost - control rods in such case will be completlyy inserted to the reactor and it will be switched off this way

Yes but without power the reactor cannot be cooled. At least that is how I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back