"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Given choice between F-16 and A-10, the UAF will take the former, getting in/out of the ground target asap. The Viper doesn't have the brrrttt gun, but it carries a lot of PGMs.

View attachment 685380

The other benefit is that it offers a relevant air-defense/counter-air option that the A-10 cannot match up to. But hey -- why not both?

PRAGUE, Sept 3 (Reuters) - An estimated 70,000 people protested in Prague against the Czech government on Saturday, calling on the ruling coalition to do more to control soaring energy prices and voicing opposition to the European Union and NATO.

Organisers of the demonstration from a number of far-right and fringe political groups including the Communist party, said the central European nation should be neutral militarily and ensure direct contracts with gas suppliers, including Russia.

I chatted to a Czech friend about these and he says it's wild - the far right and the far left marching together and having a pro-Russian love in. He commented that they basically found common ground about being anti-vaxx/anti-lockdowns during COVID and have now taken it to the next level. He doesn't feel like it amounts to anything - accorrding to him, Czech people are much more supportive of the EU and NATO that they were before the Ukraine invasion.

The main trigger is cost of living stuff - most Czech people feel like they're under pressure financially and they think winter is going to be bad with a shortage of gas.

Interestingly, he says the protestors are either really young or older and right leaning. Not many in the 25-55 age bracket.

I chatted to a Czech friend about these and he says it's wild - the far right and the far left marching together and having a pro-Russian love in. He commented that they basically found common ground about being anti-vaxx/anti-lockdowns during COVID and have now taken it to the next level. He doesn't feel like it amounts to anything - accorrding to him, Czech people are much more supportive of the EU and NATO that they were before the Ukraine invasion.

The main trigger is cost of living stuff - most Czech people feel like they're under pressure financially and they think winter is going to be bad with a shortage of gas.

Interestingly, he says the protestors are either really young or older and right leaning. Not many in the 25-55 age bracket.

It caught my attention because they are so much closer to danger than this American. I hope his statement that "Czech people are much more supportive of the EU and NATO than they were before the Ukraine invasion" is accurate.

I get the cost-of-living stuff, but that will happen even if Ukraine rolls over and plays dead. Russia will still toy with oil and grain exports for sake of leverage. It calls for a little toughness no matter how this ends up. The fact of it being launched at all means that markets were doomed to unease. And there is still fallout from COVID etc that has discombobulated the world's economy.

From my distant view, it's hard to feel sympathy for their cause, except that I'm sure it will be a tough winter and that sucks.

The F-16 is a capable air-air platform and (with PGM) can attack ground targets. No matter what you do to an A-10, its air-air capabilities are negligible.

What the best combat aircraft for Ukraine is, obviously, a question that only the Ukrainians can answer. I suspect the F-16 would be an excellent choice, as it's an excellent and versatile aircraft.

Maybe a dozen Grippens to hold them over until a more adequate F-16 infrastructure is developed. Hey, I just wanna' get 'em something. MiG -29s are cool and all that but, you know.

Maybe a dozen Grippens to hold them over until a more adequate F-16 infrastructure is developed.
I don't think the Gripen is a training stepping stone to the Viper.

IIRC, Ukraine was planning to buy SAAB Gripens before this war. It would have been a fine option.

b9521ad9604ae2ac76bdca7b2323add9.jpg

Would India willingly give its state of the art Russian fighters? They seem to be getting stellar service from their Russian aircraft carrier.

I wasn't serious about the Grippen.

Let's just keep scooping up and sending to Ukraine the world's MiG-29 stocks until the F-16 can enter UAF service. India has MiG-29s, including license-built versions. A middle man bearing cash would given India both incentive and plausible deniability.

India is busy fitting out its new carrier. They probably want any and all good -29 airframes, if, for nothing else, spare parts.

No matter what you do to an A-10, its air-air capabilities are negligible.
Except that (as has been stated before several times) the A-10's pilots are schooled in "Basic Flight Maneuvers" the same as fighter pilots.
The A-10 carries air-to-air missiles for self defense (like fighters), it has a full suite of ECM and as secondary insurance, is able to lead-target an aggressor with the GAU-8's gunsight.

Contrary to popular belief, the A-10 is not helpless.

The TB-2s can fly top cover for A-10s. Only half joking as there seem to be more Bayraktars now and flying into combat zones. I get a big kick out of looking at those SAM radars getting zapped.

Looks like Ukraine is having some success with local advances in Kherson Oblast. Reports are that Russian forces have been thrown out of about a half dozen villages in the Northeast of the region in the last two days, and Ukraine is retaking ground along three axes.

Russia may be undertaking preparations for a shortening of its lines in the area. Western intelligence reports that Russian logistics assets are being pulled back towards some of the larger towns on the western banks of the Dnipro.

Russian tank losses in the area have also been heavy - Ukraine claimed its destroyed 27 in the past three days.

The TB-2s can fly top cover for A-10s. Only half joking as there seem to be more Bayraktars now and flying into combat zones. I get a big kick out of looking at those SAM radars getting zapped.
If you get a chance, look up what the A-10 carries in the way of ordnance besides it's cannon.
It's literally a flying dump truck (which also includes self-defense hardware like the AIM-9).

This sounds like a bold UAF attempt, if true.

Maybe these guys?

Alleged Russian video of the aftermath of the alleged event. I agree with the commentators, this looks pretty fake

Looks like Ukraine is having some success with local advances in Kherson Oblast.
If I'm a Russian soldier sitting in Kherson who hasn't been properly paid, equipped, fed or led for months, and who has no idea why I'm here, or what the mission is…. when the UAF arrives I'm either surrendering or swimming the Dnieper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back