Anaconda? Please tell me this is not real... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snake is from Indonesia and is about 20 -25 Ft long. There were several other pics around the net showing them burying it. Snakes of this size and larger are common in Indonesia. But this is not a record breaker.

NOT from North Carolina.

NOT from North Carolina.

Thank goodness! I live in North Carolina and ever since I saw this thread, I have been afraid to go near anything with a water connection! Now I can finally go back into my bathroom. You know the saying "You don't appreciate something until it's gone?" Well let me tell you -- that goes double for toilets!

You have no idea how happy my neighbors will be that I no longer need to use that tree right next to their yard (and right in front of their family room windows. ...And their dining room windows ....And their kitchen windows).

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/20/19-foot-python-killed-Florida-man-captures-kills-record-setting-Burmese-python/7191369089897/Might be fake but these guys in Florida were fooling around and noticed a snakes tail sticking out of the bush. 1 guy decides to start pulling the snake out of the bush,turns out it's a 19 ft Burmese python,thing starts wrapping it's body around the guy who then gets a knife and cuts the snakes head off. Since in Florida it's allowed to kill them because it's an invasive animal he got to keep the skin.There's a picture with 3 guys lying head to toe next to the snake.

Last edited:
The original Pic posted was attributed to work crews in Indonesia who found the Python in a tree where they killed and burned it. The exact same pic was posted on 13 Nov 2009 stating that the snake (one of two seen) was killed in China by workers clearing land near Guping City in Jiangxi province. The snake was in a mound of soil which the workers were bulldozing

Attachments

• eb0661a0d169R.jpg
    eb0661a0d169R.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 156
My wife determined it's a netpython (Broghammerus reticulatus), the longest type of snake in the world. The biggest are over 9 meters long.
An anaconda would not be as long, but much more heavy.

My wife determined it's a netpython (Broghammerus reticulatus), the longest type of snake in the world. The biggest are over 9 meters long.
An anaconda would not be as long, but much more heavy.

We call them reticulated pythons here, and yes they are the longest, but not heaviest as you say.

We have one at the zoo I volunteer at. I love snakes. Had several pythons and boas as pets before my move. Can't wait to get more.

We call them reticulated pythons here, and yes they are the longest, but not heaviest as you say.

We have one at the zoo I volunteer at. I love snakes. Had several pythons and boas as pets before my move. Can't wait to get more.
too bad they killed this one, it's a beautiful snake. These big ones are impressive, aren't they?

We've had snakes as well, the last one died a few years ago. The result is now that my son is more afraid of dogs than snakes :)

Vietnam has about 100 different types of snakes. 99 are poisonous and the 100th will crush you. Never saw any cobras in the wild but pit vipers, bamboo vipers, and the "two-step" krait were not uncommon. I did get one pic of a recon unit which had encountered and killed a large Burmese Python. About 12-13ft(4m) as I recall

Attachments

• snake1do4.jpg
    snake1do4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 173
Theres open season on pythons in Florida,you seen em, you kill em. Not really the snakes fault,dumb ass people who buy them then release them created the issue.

While I don't like snakes... a snake that is 30ft long while I'm in a fookin' tent concerns me. But I am more afraid of cats than dogs (stoopid on my part). And small snakes, spiders and other overly large insects and arachnids scare the hell out of me if I'm in confined spaces or trapped in confines. I once had a large wasp come into my flippin' shower while bathing. I was scared, it was scared and we both didnt get along.

Those who claim to act indifferent are posers.

I hate snakes. Most around here can kill you, so it's always a worry with the kids when they're outside playing - especially in summer time.

Wildcat, here is a link to a humorous presentation related to snakes and Australia. The speaker is Douglas Adams, the author of "The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy." He recounts a meeting with an Australian who is an expert about poisonous snakes. Adams visited this expert to get some information about poisonous snakes on the island of Komodo (home of the Komodo Dragons). The pertinent section begins at roughly 17:20 minutes into the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZG8HBuDjgc

Last edited:
spiders and other overly large insects and arachnids scare the hell out of me if I'm in confined spaces or trapped in confines. I once had a large wasp come into my flippin' shower while bathing.

Matt, Flatulence is the only answer. Kill before you are killed mon brave :)

To maxmise the effect may I suggest a curry and at least 8 pints of real British ale to stir the bowels....

You will live in fear no more ( your family might though)

Wildcat, here is a link to a humorous presentation related to snakes and Australia. The speaker is Douglas Adams, the author of "The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy." He recounts a meeting with an Australian who is an expert about poisonous snakes. Adams visited this expert to get some information about poisonous snakes on the island of Komodo (home of the Komodo Dragons). The pertinent section begins at roughly 17:20 minutes into the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZG8HBuDjgc

Nice! Thanks for that :lol:
Here is a list of the top 10 deadly snakes in Australia.
Australia's 10 most dangerous snakes - Australian Geographic
where we live, we get numbers 1,5,6,8,9 and 10. I'm not a fan of any of them, but especially number 9.

While I don't like snakes... a snake that is 30ft long while I'm in a fookin' tent concerns me. But I am more afraid of cats than dogs (stoopid on my part). And small snakes, spiders and other overly large insects and arachnids scare the hell out of me if I'm in confined spaces or trapped in confines. I once had a large wasp come into my flippin' shower while bathing. I was scared, it was scared and we both didnt get along.

Those who claim to act indifferent are posers.

Ok, guess I will admit to something here and have a kumbya moment.

I am an Animal Control Officer and have been for 30+ years. I have dealt with vicious rottweilers, pitbulls even a mad 220Lb mastiff. I have run down loose buffalo and corralled a 11' albino python. I have grabbed squirrels, groundhogs, opossums and the like with my hands. Wrestled with rabid raccoons and skunks. Tusselled with loose monkeys, illegal kangaroos and wild emus. But there is one thing that takes me out - sends me into seizures so bad that ambulances are called. I can't touch them or see them or I spazz.....

caterpillars.

Its a true phobia that stems from incidents in my early childhood. I deal with and it has never uninterrupted my work. I even called a cable show called "My Extreme Phobia" a few years ago to see if I could get on. I was gonna try the Maury Povich show also as they get help for those afraid of mustard and such....like me. :) That is my story and my name is Njaco and I suffer a phobia. And now I pass the speaker's baton to the next person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back